Monday, September 5, 2022

Psalm 148 - "When We Fall Apart"

 

The Lord took me to Psalm 148 this morning. It is a Psalm written to encourage us to praise God. When I see a sunset or the sun rise, I see nature praising God. As we played in the ocean yesterday with the strong waves one of the kids asked why they were so big. I told them there are disturbances out in the ocean right now that probably had something to do with their greatness. Their response was 'the ocean is showing its angriness.'  Nature is here to teach us lessons and to provide us blessings. Being in the sunshine is a blessing as it gives us natural Vitamin D. When I walk out in nature, I am blessed with seeing the dolphins play, the beautiful flowers and birds, etc. When I go across the bridge, I feel like I am living in a dreamworld with the beauty of where I live. I have much to praise God for and about. I praise Him for my church family who loved on me so well yesterday with flowers, hugs, prayers, spending time with me to get me through the day, etc. I praise Him for being with me when I fell apart a couple times throughout the day. When the clock neared 5:30PM, the tears fell. God heard from my heart the hurt that I keep pent up inside me. He heard of my dreams and hopes. He heard the 'what ifs?' and the 'I don't like this.' He already knew everything I poured out to Him but I needed to voice it myself. I am thankful He is a loving God who listens. I also am thankful He is with me 24/7. I am reminded this morning of a song Ryan Stevenson sings called "When We Fall Apart"...

It's ok to cry
It's ok to fall apart
You don't have to try
To be strong when you are not
And it may take sometime to make sense of all your thoughts
But don't ever fight your tears
'Cause there is freedom in every drop
Sometimes the only way to heal a broken heart is when we fall apart

More healing occurred yesterday with all the tears that fell. Some fell in private while others fell in public. It does not matter where, how, or when tears fall. What does matter is the knowledge that God is there to catch each and every one of them. He is with me on the 'good' days and He is with me on the 'tough' days. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: May the Lord pardon us, and teach our hearts to love him more and praise him better. Yes! That is what I desire to do. I want to praise Him better than ever before. I desire to praise Him in a way that will makes people question my life with Him. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my church family who loved on me so well throughout the day yesterday! Father, help me to praise You more. Empower me to see past the loneliness and realize Your love to a greater degree. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for many going through 'tough' days to realize Your touch upon their lives. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for wisdom with Sheri's mother's doctors today with her heart cath! Thank You for being My Tear Catcher! Amen.

No comments: