Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Psalm 148 - "What A Beautiful Name"


God woke me once again with the direction to read Psalm 148 and once again I am encouraged to praise Him in the day ahead. It was so cool the way my morning walk started yesterday with two men praising God for the beauty of His creation when I talked to them. It was another reminder to me to praise Him no matter what is happening in life. Praising Him takes our thoughts off of the worries of life. When we focus on Him and praise Him, we will not have time to think about what we are going through. Once again this Psalm reminds me all of creation praises God. As I see Him in the beauty of His creation I am in awe of His great artistry. Watching the sunrise yesterday morning and the sun set last night was the perfect way to begin and end my day. The more I experience nature the closer I feel to Him. I am so thankful for this beautiful place I live. Six plus years ago when God told me we were moving to South Carolina I argued because it was too far from my family. Fast forward to now and it is still far from my family but it also is exactly where I am suppose to be. What a blessing to live in obedience to His will. Verse thirteen of Psalm 148 is one I treasure greatly. It reads in the VOICE: Let them all praise the name of the Eternal! For His name stands alone above all others. His glory shines greater than anything above or below. Woo hoo! Yes! His glory is what I live for. I am reminded this morning of the words to "What A Beautiful Name" and feeling very blessed....

You were the Word at the beginning
One with God the Lord Most High
Your hidden glory in creation
Now revealed in You our Christ

What a beautiful Name it is
What a beautiful Name it is
The Name of Jesus Christ my King

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for all You do for me and for all the ways You shower me with blessings! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. May my focus stay on You so the enemy does not have a foothold into my life. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for a good report from Sheri's mother's heart cath! I pray for Elizabeth's mother and a friend having thyroid cancer surgery tomorrow to receive from You exactly what they need. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: