Friday, September 9, 2022

Lamentations 3:22-24 - "New Today"

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday when I took this picture at sunrise I had no idea how nasty the weather would be today. It has rained all night and is suppose to continue all day today. I don't like walking inside but today will definitely be an indoor walking kind of day. At one point in the night when I woke to the sound of the rain I thought about how I can make my indoor walk more interesting. Maybe I can do a prayer walk and as I see pictures of people in my house pray for them. Or perhaps I can thank God as memories come to my mind of days in the past. Yesterday was a blessing with my morning walk being longer than normal and the sunrise showing for a short time before the clouds took over. There were challenges throughout the day but then God blessed me once again with the clouds separating for the sunset to be seen. It was not as spectacular as some but the beauty of His creation was there. It was so cool too seeing the momma and baby deer with the water in the background. Then driving home and seeing a daddy, momma, and two baby fawns was another treat. Every day is different in my little world. There are different people I have contact with, different places to go, etc. but the one thing that is  always a constant is God. He starts and ends my days loving on me and does it well throughout the day. I am reminded of a song Micah Tyler sings called "New Today"...

Help me rise like the morning sun
Help me see that Your works not done
When I'm less than what I want to be
Lord, I need You to keep reminding me

Sometimes we fall short of what God desires of us. Sometimes we do things not of Him or miss opportunities He puts before us. No matter what He is there to love us. I am so thankful for this. I am thankful for His love that is greater than anything the enemy can put before us. I am thankful for the way He shows His love to us. Yesterday I sat down on the swing and the tears flowed as the memories came rushing into my mind of times at the waterfront with both Doc and my Rickey. I had a tough day with MS tingling and that seems to bring on the loneliness of life. Thankfully God was with me and loved me through it. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for keeping us safe from all this rain! I pray for the homeless men I see when I walk in the mornings to have a dry place to be. I also pray for law enforcement, fire and EMS, and those who have to be out in this weather to be safe. Lord, I don't understand the 'whys?' of MS tingling but I pray for relief from it. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray anyone who sees/hears me today will see/hear You. I pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sandy; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a friend with thyroid cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for Elizabeth's mother who had another fall and a father with a prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Newness! Amen.

No comments: