Monday, September 19, 2022

Mark 12:30-31 - "Thank You Lord"

Yesterday was a blessed day in so many ways but especially through my church family. Children's Sunday School was fun yet I hope the children learned as we talked about the Ten Commandments. What I teach them each Sunday has a connection to the sermon. I shared how God gave the Ten Commandments in the Old Testament and two in the New Testament. We talked about how we need to love one another and show God's love to one another. The sermon talked about how competition can be good and can be bad. I told the children in Sunday School that God does not like when we get crabby with one another but wants us to love each other. I shared in the sermon about the advantages of a smaller church. One of them is having a family atmosphere. When I asked in Sunday School what they liked best about church, Mr. Nicholas said he liked eating together. We have a meal before Wednesday night activities and many Sundays go out to eat after service. I so enjoy these times with my church family. It meant a lot to me that it is one of his favorite things about church. Miss Annabelle shared how she loves me and that I am one of her favorite things about church. That blessed my heart. I am one blessed lady to have my church family in my life. Another blessing in the day was having my friend Debbie come to church for the first time. I love how God uses people to encourage me! There was a long wait when we went to lunch and the children blessed me in abundance with being so good while we waited. Another blessing in the day was receiving a text thanking me for 'a very good sermon' from one in attendance. It blessed me when he told me he did what I asked by contacting those missing yesterday morning. I shared how it cannot be just the pastor doing such things. We all need to let people know we miss them. I have shared many times how I would not be in the Nazarene Church today if it had not been for a dear lady at the Orrville Nazarene Church who would call and leave a message on our answering machine when we missed church. People need to feel loved by their church family. There are so many times we are put down by the world and our church family needs to build one another up. I've been discouraged of late with a few things in the church. Last week after I voiced my discouragement at board meeting I received a card of encouragement from Ms Carol that blessed me in abundance. I have the best church family a pastor could ask for. I am reminded of the song "Thank You Lord" this morning...

Blessings, on blessings, on blessings, on blessings
If I still got breath in these lungs
And that's all I need to get down on my knees
And be thankful for all that He's done

I am so thankful for all the blessings God gives me every day. Here I am ready for a new day. The day ahead will be emotional with seeing my Momma but I know God is with me. It will be a day that will be physically and emotionally tiring but I know God is with me. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all of the ways You bless me, especially through my church family! Thank You for filling my emotional tank so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Give me Your wisdom to share with others. I pray Your protection over those traveling including myself. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry and for Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. I pray You will wrap your arms around Clay Shields​ and Jo Ann with the loss of Breezy and give wisdom to the doctors with Dan's procedure today. Thank You for being My Blessing Provider! Amen.

No comments: