Monday, September 26, 2022

Psalm 14:1a - "God Is In This Story"

 

Yesterday was filled with blessings from start to finish. Having the privilege to anoint my friend Mary at church was a special time in my day. Seeing many of my church family fellowship over lunch was another blessing. Going to the beach and making dinner over the open fire with Cait, Andy, and the kids was another blessing. Finally, seeing God's artistry in the sunset was the 'icing on the cake' for a great day. As Miss Annabelle and I were floating in the ocean yesterday afternoon she asked this question. 'Pastor Sheila, what do people who do not believe in God think about creation? How do they explain it?' Good question for a little eight year old's mind. We look around and see all of the work of His hands and feel so blessed. It saddens me to think about many who are not in relationship with Him. Every time I think about various people who I know that do not acknowledge Him I pray for them to have someone who will say or do something to open their eyes to His love and grace. I pray for God to reveal to me what I can do or say to make a difference in people's lives. I was blessed yesterday with a phone call from my dear friends Jack and Ann from Willard. As we talked the tears fell. They hold a very special place in my heart and always will. We made great memories with them in the fifteen years we ministered in Willard. They were always some of my biggest encouragers when life got tough. Jack was always there to give me a hug but especially after my Daddy died. As we talked yesterday the memories came flooding back. I am so grateful for those memories God gave me the privilege to make with them. I am also grateful for the memories being made with my church family as we do life together. Some memories are good like yesterday. Others are tough like being with them for the loss of a loved one. No matter what the circumstance God has brought us together to be a family and for that I am grateful. I am grateful for the questions asked from my church children that keep me on my toes. I am reminded this morning of the song "God Is In This Story"...

God is in this story
God is in the details
Even in the broken parts
He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest
I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows
The One who goes before me
God is in this story

Yes! God is writing my story one chapter at a time. He is blessing me through every aspect of my story and for that I am grateful. I will continue to ponder upon Miss Annabelle's question as I seek to share Him with others.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for a great worship service followed by lunch with my church family, beach time with Cait, Andy, and the kids, and seeing another fantastic sunset! Thank You for Miss Annabelle's question that will stay with me in the days ahead! Thank You for being with my Momma during these days of transition! Thank You for people who call or visit her and send cards to encourage her! I am so blessed by all of them. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May I make an eternal impact in someone's life today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Pamela, and Pastor Jason! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Thank You for being My Story Writer! Amen.

No comments: