Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Psalm 104:12; II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Promises"


As I looked through pictures on my phone yesterday I was in awe of this bird taking flight. It looks so graceful and beautiful. I thought about how I want to be the same. The desire of my heart is to live as God desires of me. One definition of living in grace is: a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine assistance. We cannot live as God desires if we do not allow Him to guide our ways. The enemy is out to tear us apart. We must be ready at all time to not give him an open door into our lives. One of the ways to combat the enemy is through praising God. Charles Spurgeon wrote: “Praise is the beauty of a Christian. What wings are to a bird, what fruit is to the tree, what the rose is to the thorn, that is praise to a child of God.” I love the word picture given by this quote. The more i praise God the more I will be beautiful to Him. This bird took flight with a purpose. I am blessed every day I live in the purpose God has put me for on this earth. A.W. Tozar wrote: “In almost everything that touches our everyday life on earth, God is pleased when we’re pleased. He wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our maker’s praise without anxiety.” We do not have to be held down by the antics of the enemy but instead can be free in Christ. When fears come upon us, we need to remember II Timothy 1:7 that God empowers us to stand strong in His love. When we feel like we cannot carry on, we need to remember Philippians 4:13 that He strengthens us. When we do not know what to do, we need to remember Proverbs 3:5-6 that His wisdom is there for us. His Word is full of promises we need to hang onto. I am reminded of the song "Promises" that Maverick City sings...

Great is Your faithfulness to me
Great is Your faithfulness to me
From the rising sun to the setting same, I will praise Your name
Great is Your faithfulness to me

He is faithful and will continue to love on us as we allow Him. He will provide exactly what we need to be who He desires of us as we allow Him. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for keeping my mouth shut in a conversation with a new friend yesterday! Thank You for Debbie and Carol coming over for dinner last night! Thank You for Chris who blesses me in abundance with always being here for me! Thank You for negative test results for a friend yesterday! Thank You for Momma getting moved from the hospital! Thank You for all of the medical personnel who cared for her over these last couple of weeks and for the ones who will continue to care for her! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through me today. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; a lady diagnosed with throat cancer; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Becky, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry, Baby Dakota, and Pamela! I pray for a father with a prodigal daughter to know You have not left him. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: