Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Psalm 97; Proverbs 3:5-6; II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Psalm 46:10 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"


God took me back to Psalm 97 this morning. As I read it I stopped at verse six in the Message. I was reminded of something said to me yesterday morning when I stopped at Whitehall Landing to take a couple pictures on the way to drop off the kids to school and home. A man who had pulled over to look at the sunrise stopped to talk to me. He said, "If you don't believe in God, all you have to do is look at this" as he pointed to the sky. I love the way God brings strangers in my life who proclaim Him to me on my walks. I also love how He uses His creation to bless me in abundance. As I look at this picture I took yesterday morning I see how the clouds are reflected in the water. We need to be a reflection of God in our lives. I am reminded of this week's sermon where we remembered Jesus' death and resurrection by partaking of communion, loved ones as we gave to Alabaster in memory of them, and great people in the Bible as we remembered their faith and trust in God. I asked all of us 'how will we be remembered? Will people remember us as one who trusted God and lived a life of faith?' The challenge for the week: 'Ask God to challenge you to trust Him more. Be warned this could take you down a difficult path but He will be with you every step of the way.' It is kind of like when we pray 'whatever it takes' in a hard situation. Sometimes that prayer can lead to pain in our hearts but if we truly mean it then we have to trust God through it. I go back to Sunday's sermon and think about how Noah, Abraham, and Sarah trusted God through some pretty difficult circumstances. The result was they were blessed in their relationship with God.  Many times things do not make sense in God's way of doing things but when we trust Him we will be blessed through them. The enemy gets his foot into lives and causes havoc but that doesn't mean God no longer cares. It actually makes me believe God does care because He is there in a more predominant way than ever before. I continue to stand on Proverbs 3:5-6 trusting God. I continue to stand on II Timothy 1:7 in not allowing fear to take over in difficult days. I continue to stand on Philippians 4:13 in the knowledge God's strength is mine physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. I continue to stand on Psalm 46:10 and allow God to take care of things. His Word is crucial for me to not only read, study, etc. but also to walk in. I am reminded this morning of the song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"...

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine


This song reminds me to keep my focus on Him no matter how high the waves are or how strong they crash into me. God has everything under control. All I have to do is rest in Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving me so greatly! I am one blessed woman and am grateful for the peace You give in the midst of the storms of life. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. May people see/hear You through me in the day ahead. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult day. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Beth; Jo Ann; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; Rhonda; Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Rick; Cyndi; Serenna and her husband; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Chrissy's cousin; Shirley Jones; Preacher Bill Watts; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Little Ivy; Little Judson; Alex's niece; a young girl in our community; a lady whose breast cancer has returned; a lady diagnosed with stage two breast cancer; my friend recuperating from thyroid cancer surgery; and Sue Danhoff's husband HarvI pray for: the Long Family, Vickie and her son Jim, Becky, Ken, Brenda, and Russ. Thank You for continued strength for Baby Henry! I pray for Elizabeth's mother who had another fall and a father with a prodigal daughter. Thank You for being My Wave Catcher! Amen.

 


No comments: