Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Psalm 1; Jeremiah 29:11-13; Philippians 4:12 - "Get This Party Started"

I am not sure why God woke me up to Toby Mac's song "Get This Party Started" but I do know I can relate to the part about Him smiling down.... 

Everybody everybody in the place to be
Open up your mind and let your soul be free
I can feel the Most High smiling on we, so ...
Let's get this party started 

He definitely smiles down on me. I know that by the blessings He gives me such as these couple days with friends in this beautiful place. Before moving to South Carolina Doc and I loved to take vacations and one of my favorite places to go is the beach. He did not like spending hours on the beach as I do but he loved going to new places and experiencing new things. Yesterday as I walked on the beach here at Jekyll Island I wondered how many beaches I have walked on. We went to many while he was still on this earth. All up and down the East Coast, Florida, California, while on cruises, the 'beach' at the Sea of Galilee...so many beautiful places. God blessed me in abundance with him in my life. He continues to bless me in abundance through people, circumstances, places, etc. As I was making soup last night and had KLOVE cranked up singing and dancing I thought about how blessed I am. Wow, God! I go back to the words of Jeremiah 29:11-13 and am so very blessed in the knowledge God knows my past, my present, and my future. That knowledge gives me great joy and peace. It gives me contentment as Paul spoke of in Philippians 4:12. This morning God took me to Psalm 1 and blessed me so much as I read the words of the difference in the life of one who follows God and one who does not. The more I desire to live with Him the more I will realize what He desires of me. The more I live for Him the more smiles I put on His face. Woo hoo! That is the desire of my heart. I desire to please Him and strive to do so every day. Complaining about aches and pains I experience in my body does no one any good and just gives the enemy an open door. Seeing/hearing people making decisions not of God, using foul language, etc. can make me unhappy but I have the choice to make on whether such things effect me or not. Once again instead of complaining I need to pray and allow God to take care of things. He not only sees all but knows all. I am grateful He does not expect me to take care of everything but instead expects me to allow Him to do so. Sometimes my heart hurts greatly for people and their circumstances but I am thankful God takes care of such things when people allow Him to do so.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for these couple days with friends and for the beauty of Your creation! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I am so grateful for Who You are in my life. I pray I put a smile on Your face with my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray Your peace over: My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; Owen and his family; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Little Judson; and my friend who had her last radiation. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. I pray for Rhonda's appointment today to provide answers. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Party Starter! Amen. 

No comments: