Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Psalm 139 - "Heart of The Father"



Last night as I looked across the class of graduates at the ceremony my mind wondered to my own graduation. At the time of my graduation I was preparing for my wedding and thought I had my life all planned out. I am sure many of those graduating think they know how life will be and there are many who have no clue what today will hold let alone life. None of us know what is ahead. Things happen we have no control over and things happen due to our actions. There is only one thing in life that we can be certain of and that is God loves us. He knows both the 'good' and the 'bad' of what is ahead in life. He knows when we will excel for Him and He knows when we will stumble. He knows the attacks the enemy will put before us and will allow some so our faith will strengthen. I had a conversation yesterday with someone about what it means to be in relationship with God. It is not about 'religion' but about interaction with God. None of us can pretend with God. He knows all. He knows our  words, actions, attitude, and even our thoughts. Yet He still loves us. He will never leave us. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of the words of Psalm 139 this morning. David praises God for always being with him. He praises Him for being with him through the 'good' and the 'bad' times of life. Verse thirteen tells us God knew us as He formed us in our mother's womb. He intimately knows us. “God has perfect knowledge of us,” Matthew Henry wrote, “and all our thoughts and actions are open before him.” Verse fourteen tells us God made each one with a purpose. That purpose is to glorify Him. I pray I will glorify Him no matter what the circumstances of the day ahead. Verse sixteen reminds me God is in control. In the wake of the school shooting yesterday one might question why God would allow such a thing to happen. I don't have answers to such questions but I do know sin in the this world causes a lot of the grief that occurs. Could God have stopped it? Of course, He could have but He evidently had His reasons to not. Verse seven tells us we are never alone. When the enemy comes knocking at my door and tells me God does not care about the hurts of my heart, this verse comforts me. Psalm 139 is a Psalm written by David but one I lift up to God myself as I am in relationship with Him. He is my Constant Companion who I am thankful to be in relationship with daily. I am grateful for His love that comes down upon me in a way that makes me know He is with me. I am grateful for His joy that fills me even in the midst of times of uncertainties. I am grateful for His peace that is greater than the hurts of life. I am reminded of the song "Heart of the Father" and feeling very blessed...

I've never known a love like Yours
So intimate, so powerful
And I’ve tasted, I've seen, and nothing comes close
I've never known a love like Yours

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love that lavishes down on me so greatly! Thank You for Psalm 139 that reminds me You are always with me! I pray for all graduating to find a relationship with You. I pray they will seek You more than ever before. I pray for many in my little world who are pretending about their relationship with You. May they realize You know and see all. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for Your wisdom with a decision before me and for Your attitude in the situation. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend having her last radiation this week; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. I pray protection over Clay and his workers. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! May You be so close to the families who lost loved ones yesterday in the school shooting in Texas. Thank You for being My Constant Companion! Amen. 

No comments: