Thursday, May 26, 2022

Hebrews 6: Romans 15:13 - "Me On Your Mind"

Last night in Bible study we talked about having hope in Christ. Hebrews 6:9-12 reads in the NIV:

Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case—the things that have to do with salvation. God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

God loves us so much. His love is greater than anything we could ever do on this earth. His love is so great He gave His Only Son to die for each of us. When we live a life for Him, we will live with Him for eternity. He desires us to live a life where we not only hear Him but we walk in obedience to Him. Sometimes distractions in life can pull our focus off of Him but He is always there to pull it back. Hurts of life can cause us to question His love but they will take us deeper in it as we allow Him to work in and through us. Sometimes life can be overwhelming to the point where you just want to quit but that is not an option. Instead it takes leaning into His love and strength so hope becomes greater. His peace becomes the normal and His joy is where you live. God brought the song "Me On Your Mind" that Matthew West sings to me this morning. What a blessing to have this knowledge in my heart!

Just knowing You're mindful of me
Just knowing You call me Your child
It's flooding my soul with unspeakable hope
Thank You, Lord, that it's me on Your mind

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the hope You give me every day! Thank You for another day of life ahead! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! May people see/hear You instead of me. May You shine brightly from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Lord, my heart breaks for many going through 'tough' days. I pray those in relationship with You will have their faith go deeper and those who do not know You will come into relationship with You. I pray Your peace over a mother of four who lost her husband and those involved in the Texas school shooting. I pray hope in You over: my Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend having her last radiation this week; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. I pray protection over Clay and his workers. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Hope! Amen. 

No comments: