Saturday, May 28, 2022

II Corinthians 1:18-22; Psalm 61; Hebrews 13:5; Philippians 4:13; James 1:2-4; Psalm 23 - "Yes and Amen"

God took me to Psalm 61 this morning. As I read David's writing that started with lamenting and ended in praise I was reminded no matter what happens in life we need to praise God. He is with us through all. His Word is full of promises for us in 'good' times and 'tough' times. I am reminded of the song "Yes and Amen"....

Faithful, You are
Faithful, forever, You will be
Faithful, You are
All Your promises are yes and amen
And all Your promises are yes and amen

Yes! He is faithful! He was faithful to David even when David sinned. He was faithful to keep His promise to Abraham to give him descendants. The promises He gave to many years ago were kept just as He keeps His promises to us today. Paul wrote in II Corinthians 1:18-22 in the NIV:

But as surely as God is faithful, our message to you is not “Yes” and “No.” For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me and Silas and Timothy—was not “Yes” and “No,” but in him it has always been “Yes.” For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,  set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Jesus is the "yes and amen" to all of God's promises. As we stand in our faith we will realize His faithfulness to a greater depth. We will realize trusting Him is key to living a life with Him for eternity. Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 61: God's power and promise are a rock that is higher than we are. This rock is Christ. On the Divine mercy, as on a rock, David desired to rest his soul; but he was like a ship-wrecked sailor, exposed to the billows at the bottom of a rock too high for him to climb without help. David found that he could not be fixed on the Rock of salvation, unless the Lord placed him upon it. As there is safety in Him, and none in ourselves, let us pray to be led to and fixed upon Christ our Rock. The service of God shall be his constant work and business: all must make it so who expect to find God their shelter and strong tower. The grace of God shall be his constant comfort. Being in relationship with Him is key to living a life with Him on earth as well as for eternity. There will be times when we falter but His Word promises us He will always be with us in Hebrews 13:5. He will be our strength just as Paul wrote of in Philippians 4:13. This is not just a physical strength but a mental, emotional, financial, and spiritual strength too. He will be our joy as written in James 1:2-4. He will protect us as David wrote in Psalm 23. I stand upon His promises every day and am grateful for Who He is in my life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the new friends I met yesterday at the widow's group! Thank You for the way they gathered around me and prayed over me! You are so good to provide exactly what I need. Thank You for the opportunities ahead today! Cleanse me so people will see/hear You instead of me. May my focus continue to be on You. Thank You for Adam Bowers fixing Momma's computer! What a blessing he is to us! I pray continued peace over her and many others. Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Little Judson; and my friend who had her last radiation this week. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. I pray protection over Clay and his workers. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My 'Yes and Amen'! Amen. 

No comments: