Friday, May 27, 2022

Psalm 89:15-17 and 16:11; Nehemiah 8:10 - "Heart of the Father"



The Lord took me to Psalm 89 this morning and stopped me at verses fifteen to eighteen. These verses remind me to continue to strive to walk in obedience to His will. As I live such a life I will blessed in knowing He keeps His promises, He loves me no matter what I do or do not do in life, will be empowered by the Holy Spirit, and will see fruit from my life. I am reminded of the words of Nehemiah 8:10 when the Israelites were told the joy of the Lord is your strength. The were not known to do what was right all the time yet God loved them. The same can be said for us. He loves us so much that He accepts us back into His loving arms when we walk away. He forgives us when we sin. He gives us His wisdom when we are making decisions. Most of all He promises us eternal life with Him when we walk on this earth with Him. Woo hoo! In our humanness we will falter and sometimes fall but we do not have to stay there. We do not have to live in discouragement but rather can be encouraged by His love for us. The other night in Bible study we talked about how God keeps His promises. He will never disappoint us the way people will at times. His timing may not be what we desire with our circumstances but His timing is always perfect. He desires to fulfill Psalm 16:11 in all our lives. You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasure at Your right hand. Praise His Holy Name! Matthew Henry wrote of Psalm 89:15-17:

Happy are those who so know the joyful sound of the gospel as to obey it; who experience its power upon their hearts, and bring forth the fruit of it in their lives. Though believers are nothing in themselves, yet having all in Christ Jesus, they may rejoice in his name. May the Lord enable us to do so. The joy of the Lord is the strength of his people; whereas unbelief dispirits ourselves and discourages others. Though it steals upon us under a semblance of humility, yet it is the very essence of pride. Christ is the Holy One of Israel; and in him was that peculiar people more blessed than in any other blessing.

Yes! God desires to bless us each and every day. As I reflect on yesterday I see God's blessings over and over again. What a blessed lady I am! I am reminded this morning of the chorus to the "Heart of the Father"...

Jesus, Your name is power, it’s breath and living water
And Your Spirit guides me to the heart of the Father
Let Your praise ring louder every day and every hour
'Cause Your Spirit guides me to the heart of the Father

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones You will provide today! Thank You for both Little Judson and Little Ivy receiving good news this week with their leukemia journeys! Thank You for giving Marion what she needs to get through the pain she experiences every day and for giving my Momma what she needs as she is so lonely! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. I pray Your peace over: Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; and my friend having her last radiation this week. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. I pray protection over Clay and his workers. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Joy! Amen. 

No comments: