Friday, May 20, 2022

II Chronicles 20; I Samuel 17; Ephesians 6; Nehemiah 8:10 - "Yes I Will"

Yesterday I was reminded so many times of how blessed I am to have God in my life. He brought before me so many people to pray for and gave me the opportunity to pray with some of them. As I prayed for people I thought about how many people are not leaning into God's strength. That saddens my heart. Instead of allowing God to see them through some tough situations they are choosing to wallow in their misery, participate in the drama the world thrives on, etc. I am reminded of the story in II Chronicles of King Jehoshaphat who was up against an enemy. He faced the battle with God and received victory. No matter what we go through in life it is key to allow God to be in charge. God reminded me of a few things last night as I watched the sunset. One was He is in charge of everything. He tells the sun when to set and there is beauty that comes from its obedience. Secondly, people will do what they desire to do. Sometimes that includes what the enemy desires because they have allowed him into their life. Sometimes it includes turning away from God because of the way the world entices them. No matter what, God is still with all as we allow Him to be. David realized the battle with Goliath was not his but God's. David had faith God would fight the battle for him and received victory (I Samuel 17). We need to praise Him when we receive victory. We need to praise Him through the battles of life. We need to praise Him when the enemy comes knocking at our door. Plain and simple. We need to praise Him. The words to "Yes I Will" are on my mind this morning...

Oh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will

Praising God is something the enemy does not like but it definitely is something that pleases God. Woo hoo! I do not have to wait for a victory to happen in situations because the ultimate victory has already happened. Praise His Holy Name! Today I choose to not allow the enemy an open door into my life through people and circumstances. I choose to stand in victory in knowing the 'battles' before me are not mine but His. I choose to put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6) and allow Him to fight the 'battles' before me. I choose to live in Nehemiah 8:10 knowing the joy God puts in me strengthens me. I will trust Him through the 'battles' of life. I am reminded of the story in this week's sermon where Joshua trusted Him and the walls of Jericho fell down. Woo hoo! I am trusting Him for the walls of 'my Jericho' to fall down.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings yesterday with seeing Brooklyn, lunch with Nancy, my time with Marion, having the opportunity to go to Women Helping Women group, seeing my Carrington family, and ending the day with the beautiful sunset! I pray for Laurie to feel Your love today. I pray for many going through difficult 'battles' to allow You to be their Victory. May the enemy be knocked down mightily where he is tearing lives apart. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May You be heard/seen through me today. I pray for victory for those going through 'tough' days. Sometimes victory comes in small ways but may we all praise You through whatever lies ahead today. I pray for: My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Russ, and Kathy and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.   

No comments: