Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Hebrews 4:12; II Timothy 1:7 - "All In"

Last night I was so encouraged as I watched "Selfie Daddy" to know there are still 'good' movies. Not only was there no foul language in it but it was based upon truth. The movie showed how we can get so caught up in the world that we can lose what is most important. God. The movie showed how it is never too late to get right with God. It also showed a typical family with normal things that happen in a family and their response. Before going to sleep I prayed for families. I prayed for ones who believed in God and for ones who do not. I prayed for parents to realize the consequences of their decisions to allow their children to do or not do things. I prayed for families to get their focus on God by doing activities such as reading the Bible together, praying, going to church, etc. I am so grateful for the way my grand babies are being raised to know who God is and to live in relationship with Him. I am grateful for every opportunity God gives me to love on children but especially for the opportunities to love on those who do not experience God's love on a regular basis. I also am grateful for being raised by godly parents. I remember going to my grandparents house and having prayer before going to bed. It saddens me to think of children who are not prayed with by their parents. Many things in this world sadden me but the thing that saddens me the most is the spiritual needs of people. We believers need to get better at sharing God's love. We need to not be afraid when He puts opportunities before us. A song with this movie is one Matthew West sings called "All In" goes...

I'm going all in
Headfirst into the deep end
I hear You calling
And this time the fear won't win
I'm going, I'm going all in

I do not want fear to ever stop me from sharing His love. I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7. God did not give me a spirit that makes me afraid but He gives me a spirit of power, love, and self-control. Yes! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this movie last night that reminds me of the importance to stay in Your Word! Thank You for loving me so greatly and never giving up on me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May people desire to have You in their life because of what they see/hear in me. I pray for families to realize the importance of having You as their focus. I pray against the tactics of the enemy having a foothold in lives. Lord, there are so many going through difficult days. I pray Your peace over many. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Russ, and Kathy and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being The One To Empower Me! Amen.  

No comments: