Thursday, May 19, 2022

Psalm 16:11; 27:4-6 - "House of the Lord"

I love how God encourages me. He woke me in the middle of the night with a song Phil Wickham sings called "House of the Lord." This song reminds me to live in His joy no matter what is happening in life. His joy is where His peace is found. No matter what happens on this earth as I live in His joy I will experience His joy in heaven. I do not have to live in the 'junk' of the world but instead can rest in Him. I love how He brings Sunday sermons, Wednesday Bible studies, children's Sunday School, etc. altogether. When I am crafting future sermons and something comes to my mind from a current study, it assures me I am doing what He desires. David's words found in Psalm 16:11 show me he found the 'secret' to life is God. It is a life where He is the first thing to think of when I wake and the last thing to think of when I lay down. The more I seek His will for my life the more I will realize it. The more I seek His joy the more I will experience it. David wrote in Psalm 27:4-6 (NLT): 

The one thing I ask of the Lord
    the thing I seek most—
is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
    delighting in the Lord’s perfections
    and meditating in his Temple.
For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
    he will hide me in his sanctuary.
    He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
Then I will hold my head high
    above my enemies who surround me.
At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy,
    singing and praising the Lord with music.

David was grateful for living in God's presence. I am grateful for such a life. It is a life that produces great joy. Such a life is not liked by the enemy and causes many times of grief from him. But he does not have the power to steal my joy. In the midst of discouragement God is my strength to stand firm in my faith to not allow the enemy an open door. Praise His Holy Name! I love the words to this song....

There's joy
In the house of the Lord
There's joy in the house of the Lord today
And we won't be quiet
We shout out Your praise

I need to praise Him more for all He is in my life. The more I praise Him the more joy I will experience.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for encouraging me to praise You in the midst of discouragement! Thank You for loving on my so greatly to give me Scripture and a song to start my day! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your joy over many going through difficult days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Russ, and Kathy and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Joy! Amen.  

No comments: