Monday, May 30, 2022

Psalm 103; Philippians 4:12 - "Forever"

 

Yesterday was a perfect day. Wow, God! Having the privilege to preach always make it a great day! Having friends in town, enjoying lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, walking the beach, good conversation, going into town for ice cream, making Low Country Boil for dinner...what a full day! It was not just a day full of things we did but it was a full day spiritually. What a blessing to hear things like 'Thank you for the sermon. I needed to hear that'; receiving a text from another person praising God for what He was doing in their life; and receiving a phone call from another in tears over God's faithfulness in their life. I know I say it a lot but God is so good to provide exactly what I need. As I walked the beach yesterday my mind was focused on God. He brings all of the seashells in from the ocean. Some are broken while others are whole. I thought about how they are tossed about by the waves and yet still make it to shore. That is how life is. We are tossed about by the storms of life. We have the choice to make on whether we survive or not. God desires us to lean into Him at all time but especially during the stormy times. He desires us to seek His wisdom for all decisions we make. He desires us to allow Him to be exactly what we need. He desires to work in and through us no matter what is happening in life. As I picked up shells yesterday I was once again amazed at how each one is different. God makes us different. He uses those who are His willing servant in different ways. I love my life and am very blessed to be living in His will. Yes there are difficult times when I feel like I can't go on. Thankfully those times are few and far between. God is my strength. He is my peace in the midst of the storms of life. He is my joy. I shared in the sermon yesterday Paul's words of Philippians 4:12 of how he was content. Paul saw many challenging days yet he depended on God. I love these words from the VOICE:

True contentment is the result of a heart committed to the risen Lord. Think of all the sins, pain, and brokenness that come from coveting. Adultery, murder, stealing, and lying can all be traced directly to a prior condition when hearts and minds are frustrated and discontent. Notice what Paul says doesn’t come naturally; it is learned. The normal, natural state of humanity is discontent and quiet desperation. It takes a powerful, spiritual presence to transform anxiety into joyous satisfaction. Ironically, it may be the shackles more than his freedom that schools Paul in the art of contentment. Despite the chains, Paul discovers this beautiful state of inner peace through the power of Jesus residing in him.


Yes! "Joyous satisfaction" is exactly where I desire to live so I can live in His peace. In the midst of the storms of life God is enough. When we begin to feel like we are not enough, He reminds me He is enough in us. We do not have to accept the lies of the enemy nor do we have to not feel good enough. Instead we must trust God and believe. We must seek more of Him so He can reveal more of Himself to us. God reminded me of His love for me when He took me to Psalm 103 this morning. Praise His Holy Name!


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for a 'perfect' day yesterday! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the opportunity to pray for Robin who hurt her knee and in pain! Thank You for her words about how she felt warmth as I laid hands on her and prayed! I am sure many would think that to be a strange thing to do in the middle of a restaurant with someone you just met. I am thankful for the way You make such things my norm. Thank You for the response to yesterday's sermon! Thank You for opening eyes to Your faithfulness! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. Oh how I pray You will be seen/heard through my words, thoughts, attitude, and actions today. I pray You will be greater than the storms of life for all. I pray Your peace over: My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; Little Judson; and my friend who had her last radiation. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Joyous Satisfaction! Amen. 





No comments: