Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Matthew 28:19-20; 22:37, 39 - "The Commission"

 


The Lord woke me with a song Cain sings called "The Commission" with the reminder of His words in Matthew 28:19-20. It reminded me of something He brought to me Saturday when He gave me a future sermon. If we truly desire to fulfill the Great Commission, we must fulfill the Greatest Commandments. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" and to "love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:37, 39). God's love is key in our life. Without His love we are nothing. There is no way we can accomplish what He desires of us without His love. Yesterday as I sat on the porch with Marion and her friends I wondered about their lives. Was Jesus a part of their lives? Do they know Him? Are they in relationship with Him? Before leaving Marion I pray with her. She is so appreciative of the prayers. We have talked about God many times. Even in her forgetfulness she still knows Who He is and what He means to her. I am thankful for that. I also am thankful God has placed me in her life to love on her with His love. There are so many people in my little world who need to not just hear about His love but need to be loved on with His love. Words can be useless if they are not put into action. They can be meaningless if they are just words. I need to get better at putting my words into action. I need to get better at loving people with His love. I need to get better at allowing God to use me as He so desires. Plain and simple. I need to get better. The song goes...

My spirit is with you
Wherever you go
You have a purpose
And I have a plan

When I was doing my study for tonight, I came upon something I wrote six plus years ago. "I am called to be what He desires of me! I am special! I am valuable to Him!" I referenced Psalm 137:14a along side it. God has a plan for my life and there is definitely a purpose in it. He loves me so much and desires me to share that love with others. I do not know specifics but I know He has it all planned out and for that I am grateful. 

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time with Marion! She is so appreciative of me visiting her and that blesses me in abundance. Thank You for my visit with Clay and Jo Ann and the yummy dinner she made! Thank You for safety on the roads with the crazy traffic! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard by me. Thank You for Susie taking Momma to the doctor today! I pray for him to have Your wisdom. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Russ, and Kathy and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for being My Commissioner! Amen.  


No comments: