Monday, May 9, 2022

Psalm 113 - "My Praise"

The Lord took me Psalm 113 this morning. This Psalm is all about praising God. Sometimes it is easier to praise God when things are going 'good' compared to praising Him when life is tough. I need to be more intentional in praising Him all the time. As I read this Psalm I pondered upon my life. How well have I praised God throughout my life? How well do I praise Him today when life throws me a curveball? How well do I praise Him when I'm alone? How well do I praise Him when I'm with others? I know I need to get better at praising Him and there is no better time like the present. I praise God for another day of life as Jo Ann said yesterday in church. I praise Him for loving me so greatly through my church family and my neighbors. I praise Him for answer to prayers such as Doug being cancer-free, Owen being released from the hospital, Pastor Sam participating in his graduation, and many more. I praise Him for those who loved on me yesterday knowing I was not with family. I praise Him for my Momma who is feeling a bit better and for the way He uses me to love on others. I praise Him for new faces at church yesterday and for the way He continues to guide us. So many praises to lift up to Him. This week I am going to be more intentional in praising Him. I praise Him in advance for taking this sore throat away and for every opportunity He will put before me to love with His love. I am reminded of a song Philips, Craig, and Dean sings called "My Praise"...

It's like an ocean breeze blowing on your face
Like a summer sun with its warm embrace
Like a gentle rain plays a symphony
that's what I want my praise to be
Like a fragrant rose in the early spring
Like an eagle soars when it spreads its wings
Whatever, Lord, You may need from me
that's what I want my praise to be
To You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for bringing Psalm 113 and the song "My Praise" before me this morning! I pray You will empower me to be more intentional in praising You. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I continue to pray for: My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Doug and his family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! It is so hard to believe it has been five months since I had that trip to Ohio to see him for the last time. What a tough day that was trying to get there knowing the machine would be removed the next day. I praise You for the way You continue to love me through his children and grandchildren. Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen. 

No comments: