Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Philippians 4:8 - "Stand My Ground"

 

God reminded me this morning of the 'whatever' verse in the Bible that is one I strive to live by. Paul wrote to the Church of Philippi about what how they needed to live. One of the things was to be focused on things of God and not worldly things. When I was teaching the teen Sunday School class in Willard, they often heard me say 'junk in/junk out.' When we surround ourselves with God, He will flow from us. If we choose to surround ourselves with 'junk' of the world, that will flow from us. I usually have KLOVE playing Christian music in the house and The Message playing it in the car. When my Rickey was around, we compromised and had 'his' music playing half the time. Sometimes that was bluegrass and sometimes it was the oldies greatest hits. I don't know how it happens but every so often I will be going down the road and The Message switches to the bluegrass station. Before he passed we laughed about it and said he was in the car with me even though he was seven hundred miles away. Now it puts a smile on my face when it happens because I feel like God is reminding me of him. The more I read Scripture the more I will live it. The more I surround myself with wholesome talk the more it will flow out of me. Paul's words of wisdom to the Church of Philippi were ones God knew the people would need to adhere to. He knew the enemy would come knocking at their door and the way to fight Him was to be full of Him. He began with whatever is true. This means we focus on God and not on any circumstances the enemy throws our way. The truth is all that matters. When we focus on whatever is noble, there is no way the enemy can have an open door into our life. We will seek God first when we focus on whatever is right. The more we live out the rest of the verse the more we will be intentional in living as God desires of us. ...whatever is pure, lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. The more our focus is on the good things in life the more our focus will be on the God things of life. Zach Williams sang a song at the concert that was one I don't remember hearing before. It was called "Stand My Ground." That is exactly what we do when we live out Philippians 4:8.

I will stand my ground
Ain't no way I'm backing down
When that devil comes around
I'm gonna stand my ground
And I will stand my ground
There ain't no white flag waving now
When that devil comes to town
I'm gonna stand my ground

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for being with me for the bone density test and for what the results show! Thank You for my time with Chrissy, Clay, and Jo Ann! You bless me in abundance through people loving on me with Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray for many going through difficult days to focus on You. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: