Thursday, May 5, 2022

Jeremiah 32:40-41 - "In Jesus Name"

As I was praying for a friend during the night God brought the song "In Jesus Name" to my mind. When I woke this morning, it is still with me. Sometimes we do not know how to pray but just praying His name is enough. The song goes...

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change 
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus name 
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today 
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus name 
In Jesus name 

When we are distraught over the loss of a loved one, our bodies can react in negative ways. When we lose a spouse, there are so many unknowns in life with days of feeling overwhelmed becoming the norm. The thing that is a constant is God's love and closeness as we allow Him. He desires to not just get us through tough days but to glorify Him through them. What a blessing He is in my life. When I feel down, He is there to encourage me. When I have a decision to make, He is there with His wisdom. When I am lonely, He puts people in my life to ease the pain. When I do not know how to pray, He reminds me He knows my prayers before they are spoken or thought. Sometimes He uses nature to encourage me. When I was walking at Crystal Lake Park this week, I saw the flowers in this picture. As I took the picture God reminded me these flowers were not planted by man but by Him. He reminded me that I was 'planted' here by Him for a purpose. As I reflected on that conversation I was in awe at how much He loves me. I had a conversation with Him yesterday about something heavy on my heart and was encouraged to be reminded He has the situation under control. All I have to do is wait on Him to reveal the big picture to me. So many times we try to figure things out because we want to know things now. God's timing is the best timing. As I wait for Him to reveal things to me I desire to be in relationship where I do not miss anything He has for me. I desire to bloom where He has planted me so I can be beautiful for Him. I do not want the hurts of my heart to overpower what He has for me. The season He has me as a widow is not one I would have chosen nor is it one I enjoy. But it is where He has 'planted me' and I need to stay focused on Him to walk in obedience to His will. He 'planted' me here physically to be a beacon of light in my little world. He 'planted' me spiritually in the warfare I experience. He 'planted' me relationally by putting people in my life to interact with. Plain and simple. He 'planted' me and now I need to flourish for Him. I love the promise of Jeremiah 32:40-41. It reads in the ESV:

I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul.

Woo hoo! I trust God with my whole being. I do not know the future nor do I desire to know it. All I have to do is trust Him and wait upon Him.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with all accomplished, my time with Cait, dinner at church, having a church neighbor check us out, Bible study...oh my You filled my day yesterday! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the promises of Jeremiah 32:40-41! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me in the day ahead. I pray for my friend who is dealing with physical issues along with adjusting to being a widow. I pray for Doug and his family with his Daddy taking his last breath on this earth. I pray for peace for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! Thank You for being My Planter! Amen. 

No comments: