Tuesday, May 24, 2022

John 14 - "Weary Traveler"

Yesterday was another emotional day. Many tears fell as I went rhrough pictures, found a box of Doc's watches, and read cards people sent to me. In the middle of it all when I went to the mailbox there are a card from my friend Serena. Once again tears fell. There were so many emotions yesterday as I thought about all of the different seasons of life I have experienced. Childhood, teen years, young adult years with having my babies, different seasons of ministry, trips Doc and I took, etc. I found a business card from an antique mall Rickey and I visited with his writing on the back of a picture he was going to go back and buy the next time he came down. Mondays are typically days where I try to not do much due to being tired from the weekend. Before starting yesterday I thought it would be an 'easy' project to accomplish for a Monday. I was wrong. I ended up not finishing but instead went to bed early. I am so thankful God is with me all the time. He is with me during 'fun' times and He is with me during 'emotional' times. He is with me when the tears fall whether they are for memories of joyful times or hurtful times. He encourages me greatly through others by cards, texts, calls, etc. Yesterday when I had to get away from it all He blessed me with lunch with my friend Chrissy. He knows what I need and provides. Praise His Holy Name! I woke up this morning with the song "Weary Traveler" on my mind. I am thankful for the knowledge some day I will be with Him and no longer have the hurts of the world to deal with. I am thankful for the hope I experience every day with God as my focus. 

Weary traveller, restless soul
You were never meant to walk this road alone
It'll all be worth it so just hold on
Weary traveler, you won't be weary long

Jordan St. Cyr wrote of this song: "My song 'Weary Traveler' is one that sings the journey a lot of us are on right now," St. Cyr shares. "You know God has given us this amazing and beautiful life, but we still get those days and seasons that can leave us run down and worn out. For me and my family, navigating the chronic illness of my youngest daughter has been impossible at times, but what has made it all worth it is knowing we were never meant to walk in our struggle alone. I believe that one day we will find complete rest and healing when Jesus calls us by name. And that one day soon we will make it home."   

Yes! I do love my life and the ways God uses me to love on others but some days I get so tired emotionally. Thankfully He is here to love me through such times. He also is here to encourage me to keep my focus on Him. I cling to His words He spoke to His disciples in John 14:27. It reads in the NLT: “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." Praise God for His peace! I accept His gift every day. I do not worry about decisions I make because I allow Him to be in control of my life. John 14 begins with Jesus' words that encourage me greatly to walk in obedience to His will.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being with me through another emotional day! Thank You for the card from my friend Serena and lunch with my friend Chrissy! Thank You for texts throughout the day from people who care! It was amazing how many You prompted to show their love for me yesterday when I needed the reminders so much. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for the day ahead to be filled with people seeing/hearing You through me. I pray for nothing to take my focus off of You. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. I pray protection over Clay and his workers. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.