Monday, May 23, 2022

Philippians 4:12 - "Jireh"

God is so good to provide what we need. Yesterday was full of His provision from start to finish. When I needed my Momma checked on, Kim went to her. When I fell apart, Clay and Andy prayed with me. In the midst of chaos He was there to calm my spirit. He provided great memories as we celebrated the six graduates. When I got home, He provided a time of rest. Last evening He provided a relaxful time around a fire with Andy and his boys. He provided fresh oranges and squash from his neighbor. On the way home He provided the song "Jireh" which blessed me in abundance. God provides all we need. The word Jireh means "to see" or "to provide" or to "foresee." The more we realize God will provide what we need the more we can rest in Him. When we are waiting for Him to answer us or to reveal something to us, we can do so with hope. We do not have to manipulate things in life to make them happen the way we desire but instead need to allow Him to provide in His time and in the manner He desires.

Jireh, (You are) You are enough
(You are) Jireh, (You are)
You are enough (So I will be)
I will be content
In every circumstance
Jireh, (He is always enough)
You are enough

These lyrics remind me of Paul's words in Philippians 4. Paul saw a lot of great days but he also saw a lot of trying days. He knew what it meant to depend upon God and wait on His timing. These words from The Voice say it all...

True contentment is the result of a heart committed to the risen Lord. Think of all the sins, pain, and brokenness that come from coveting. Adultery, murder, stealing, and lying can all be traced directly to a prior condition when hearts and minds are frustrated and discontent. Notice what Paul says doesn’t come naturally; it is learned. The normal, natural state of humanity is discontent and quiet desperation. It takes a powerful, spiritual presence to transform anxiety into joyous satisfaction. Ironically, it may be the shackles more than his freedom that schools Paul in the art of contentment. Despite the chains, Paul discovers this beautiful state of inner peace through the power of Jesus residing in him.

Yes! "Joyous satisfaction" is exactly where I desire to live so I can live in His peace. In the midst of the storms of life God is enough. When I begin to feel like I am not enough, He reminds me He is enough in me. I do not have to accept the lies of the enemy nor do I have to not feel good enough. Instead I must trust God and believe. I must seek more of Him so He can reveal more of Himself to me. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Kim who checked on my Momma and for Clay and Andy who prayed with me when I fell apart! Thank You for loving me so greatly by reminding me You are enough! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for many going through difficult days to realize You are enough. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; Vivian; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Laurie, and Russ. I pray protection over Clay and his workers. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Jireh! Amen. 

No comments: