Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Psalm 31 - "Almost Home"

God took me to Psalm 31 this morning. It is a Psalm that encourages all to keep on living for Him. It encourages me when I am lonely to lean into Him. In times of trouble He is always here for us. When we feel like we cannot continue to put one foot in front of the other He is our strength. I am thankful for His love and for the way He shows it to me. When I think about where I am in life, I am thankful He is guiding me every step of the way. I cannot imagine doing life without Him. I cannot imagine the love it took for God to have His One and Only Son die for us. Verse five of this Psalm shows David giving up himself for God in a different manner. He had great faith in God and was in relationship with Him where He strived to walk in obedience to His will. I desire to do the same. I desire to put a smile on God's face with my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. The only way for that to happen is to be in relationship with Him where I not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. My physical body will eventually quit breathing but my spiritual body will never quit. When my last breath is taken on this earth, I will live with Him in heaven. I do not have to give into the ways of the world but instead need to be strong in my faith. I do not have to fall into the traps of the enemy but instead need to allow God to be my strength. David's life is an example to learn from. His life had its ups and downs. There were times he was so faithful and other times not. There were times he fell into the traps of the enemy. Thankfully God was there to love him back into relationship with Him. Matthew Henry wrote:

Instead of yielding to impatience or despondency under our troubles, we should turn our thoughts to the goodness of the Lord towards those who fear and trust in Him. All comes to sinners through the wondrous gift of the only-begotten Son of God, to be the atonement for their sins. Let not any yield to unbelief, or think, under discouraging circumstances, that they are cut off from before the eyes of the Lord, and left to the pride of men. Lord, pardon our complaints and fears; increase our faith, patience, love, and gratitude; teach us to rejoice in tribulation and in hope. The deliverance of Christ, with the destruction of his enemies, ought to strengthen and comfort the hearts of believers under all their afflictions here below, that having suffered courageously with their Master, they may triumphantly enter into his joy and glory.

I desire to enter and bask in His joy while on earth so I can enjoy His glory in heaven. I know some days I fail at doing what I need to do or I do things I should not. Thankfully God continues to wake me up and gives me another chance at doing life as He desires. When people disappoint me, I must remember we all disappoint God and yet He doesn't give up on us. I must continue to pray for people's souls. I must not allow the enemy an open door into my life that will pull me out of relationship with Him. I am reminded of the song "Almost Home" this morning and yearning to be in heaven.

Almost home
Brother it won't be long
Soon all your burdens will be gone
With all your strength
Sister run wild run free
Hold up your head
Keep pressing on
We are almost home

Sometimes I wonder how I can be homesick for someplace I've never been. Maybe it's because there are so many people I love already there. I was daydreaming the other day about what it would be like to sit and pray again with dear Lenora and dear Marilyn. Oh what precious memories I have of our prayer times. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being with me last evening when the loneliness took over! Thank You for the promise of eternal life with You! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of You! Thank You for reminding me of the joy I have in my life with You! When life becomes heavy, I am grateful for Your encouragement to continue on. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Cyndi; Doug and Gay; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments...Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Russ, and Kathy and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry! Thank You for being My Home! Amen.  

No comments: