Saturday, May 7, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Promises"



Yesterday marked six years since we bought our home. I will never forget that day. We looked at eight properties between 1:00 and 5:00. It was exhausting physically, emotionally, and mentally. It was our first home purchase together since we lived in a parsonage for the fifteen years prior and in my home when we were first married. I remember our discussion on which one we liked best. At the end of the time looking I was exhausted and remember telling Doc, 'I don't care where we live. Whatever you want.' I liked one place because it had an extra room for me to have an office/craft room and it had a fenced in yard. He liked this place because of the Carolina room, garage, the cleanliness of it, and the neighborhood. God blessed us in abundance with our neighborhood. I have done rather well in not asking Chris for help too often over the last month or so but this week he helped me multiple times. Yesterday when I started setting up the new printer I realized I was out of my league when it asked for a USB cord and I opened Doc's tote of wires. Oh my! Not only did Chris get that set-up but he got my water sprinkler system programmed and in the process found a broken pipe that he is going to replace. In Doc's last weeks when we knew his time on earth was drawing to an end we talked a lot. The best advice he gave was, 'you can call Chris day or night for anything.' When  I found Doc on the floor when he had the stroke, Chris came. When he took his last breath, Chris came. When I was in the hospital from surgery from my fall, Chris not only came to visit me but brought my Vitamin Water too. I am so blessed by him and his family. God knew what He was doing when he put us in this neighborhood six years ago. He blesses me in abundance every day by my neighbors. Joshua and Tiffany take my trash. Little Evie gives me hugs. Brad and Sarah are always only a call or text away. Trevor and Sharon bring me yummy dinner from time to time. I so miss Grammy who always prayed with and for me. I am thankful for Ferrerira's who moved a couple miles away yet continue to have me over for meals and fun times. God has reminded me this month with the Half Million Mobilization of His promise in Jeremiah 29:11-13. This picture was one I took of Doc on one of his last walk's outside. He talked with Little Evie and Mr Gavin. I wish I would have listened in on their conversation. I know he shared Jesus' love with them. God reminded me this morning of the song "Promises" that Sanctus Real sings. When I do not know how to pray, it's OK. God knows the prayers of my heart before I speak them. I am thankful for the promises of His Word such as Jeremiah 29:11-13 and for His love that never ends.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Chris' help yesterday with getting the printer set-up and the sprinkler system programmed! Thank You for rest yesterday! Thank You for the promises of Your Word such as Jeremiah 29:11-13 and for the song "Promises" that reminds me to keep on allowing You to be my strength! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude be Yours today. I pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Doug and his family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen. 

No comments: