Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Psalm 118 - "House of the Lord"

 


Another month has gone by since my Rickey took his last breath on earth and began dancing with Jesus. I am thankful for my short time with him and for the memories we made. This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 118 to ponder upon. This Psalm reminds me to be thankful for all God gives me. It reminds me that even though life changes His love is faithful. It reminds me He is always there no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in. Sunday Paul and I talked about how we just can't comprehend how people get through life without God. As I read this Psalm I thought about the relationship I have with Him is one of trust. As I reflect on my life there are many times when life's circumstances were so overwhelming that I could have given up. God did not allow me to do so. Instead He encouraged me to continue on. He gave me His direction on which way to go and filled me with His strength to have victory over my circumstances. Verse fourteen means so much to me. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory (NLT). Woo hoo! Yes! Verse seventeen shows us what we need to do when we receive victory. We need to tell others about what He has done for us. God gives us second chances to allow us to share Him with others. What a blessing He has given me to preach the Gospel and lead a church. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of Jo Ann's words from Sunday that she praises God for waking her up each day. Yes! If nothing seems to go right in the day ahead, it's OK. If the day is full of challenges, it's OK. If people's words or actions hurt, it's OK. All we have to remember is Psalm 118:24 and be thankful. This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. God woke me this morning with the words to a song Phil Wickham sings called "House of the Lord" going through my mind.

There's joy in the house of the Lord
Our God is surely in this place
And we won't be quiet
We shout out Your praise
We shout out Your praise
We sing to the God who heals
We sing to the God who saves
We sing to the God who always makes a way

Yes! We, as believers, are the house of the Lord. Paul wrote in I Corinthians 3:16-17 in the NKJV: Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. God dwells in us. He does not just visit us but lives in us 24/7 when we allow Him. I saw a church sign one time that said 'God wants full custody, not just weekend visitation.' He desires to dwell in us every moment of the day. I desire to live with Him 24/7. It is there I find His joy, peace, strength, and empowerment. It is there I can truly wake up each morning and say This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. 

Dear Jesus, 
Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday and the rest You provided! Thank You for Cait getting my Fitbit set-up for me! Thank You for going before me today and directing my steps! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. It is so hard to believe it has been five months since Rickey took his last breath on this earth. I am sad for Anna, Michael, Matt, myself and his friends and family but I rejoice in knowing he is with You. Yesterday news of two deaths brought tears to my eyes for those still here. I pray Your strength over Kathy, Russ, and Doug and their families with recent losses. I also pray for many going through difficult days. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for being My Strength and My Song! Amen.  

No comments: