Thursday, May 12, 2022

Hebrews 12:1-3 - "Waymaker"

 

The Lord woke me during the night with Hebrews 12:1 on my mind. When I woke I started reading the chapter and pondered upon the first three verses. The first verse encourages us to continue living for the Lord even in times we may feel like giving up. Others who have gone before us kept the faith and finished life on earth for Him so they could spend eternity with Him. Verse two in the VOICE begins: Now stay focused on Jesus, who designed and perfected our faith. We talked in Bible study last night about how important it is to be in His Word, praying, etc. to stay focused on Him. Jesus' brutal death is an example we should follow in that He did not give up but instead was joyful in knowing He was walking in obedience to His Father. No matter what happens in life we need to stay focused on the prize of eternity with Him. He desires us to live as holy people who love with His love. He desires to see us succeed in living for Him. He desires for us to have the desire in our heart to please Him. I desire to fulfill the desires of His heart. I pray every morning for a cleansing in my spirit so I can walk in His will throughout the day ahead. There is no better place to be but living in His presence. I am reminded this morning of the song "Waymaker" that tells me He is everything in my life as I allow Him.

Waymaker, miracle worker
Promise keeper, light in the darkness
My God, that is who You are

It blesses me in abundance to know He is always here for me. No matter what I am going through He is here to not just see me through but for me to glorify Him in the process. He is here to love on me when I feel like I am falling apart. I am so grateful for His presence in my life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for loving on my so greatly. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of me today in a mighty way. Father, I pray for more people to realize Your greatness in their life. I pray for many going through difficult days to receive Your peace. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Russ, and Kathy and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry's strength! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for being My Waymaker! Amen.  

No comments: