Sunday, May 8, 2022

Galatians 5:22-23 - "Less Like Me"

My heart is heavy as I begin the day. It hurts for many who are not celebrating today. Those with their mother's already gone on. Ladies who never had their own babies. Those with estranged relationships with their Momma's or their children. Momma's with deep hurt in their heart for the way their children are with them and children with deep hurt from the way their Momma treats them. The list goes on and on. I am blessed by my Momma and for the way she taught me to love with Jesus' love. The fruit of the Spirit oozes out of her. I strive to live the same type of life. I desire to love all people in a way that will make them want to have Jesus in their life. I know I made mistakes in raising my babies but I sure hope they wake up this morning with good memories. I also pray for pastor's who will be the 'bad person' today. If Momma's are acknowledged, those with hurt in their heart will be mad. If Momma's are not acknowledged, some will be offended. Today is a 'lose-lose' type of day but it should not be that way. It should be a 'win-win' type of day. God loves us all and is ready to help us through the hurts of life. He desires to be greater than the hurts of life. He desires to be our Soothing Balm when life is overwhelming. I woke up this morning to a song Zach Williams sings called "A Little More Like Jesus." This is what I desire for my life.

A little more like mercy, a little more like grace
A little more like kindness, goodness, love, and faith
A little more like patience, a little more like peace
A little more like Jesus, a little less like me

The more I allow Jesus to be Who He desires in my life the more I will be who He desires of me. My parents raised me knowing He is always with me. I am thankful for that. I pray for those who were not raised by loving parents to allow Him to heal the hurts of the past and change their future. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a fun day yesterday with Cait and the kids! Thank You for the day ahead today! Lord, I pray for more of You and less of me. I know the only way people will see Galatians 5:22-23 in me will for You to be greater than me. Father, today brings so many hurts in people's lives. May You be their Soothing Balm. May the hurts of life diminish as You love on people. I pray for all pastors today to follow Your lead. I also pray for hurtful words given to them to not be heard. I pray Your peace and strength over many. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Doug and his family; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! Thank You for being My Soothing Balm! Amen. 



No comments: