Friday, May 6, 2022

Mark 1:35 - "God Is With Us"

 

Jesus has such a sense of humor. I woke late this morning after being up late last night. The first verse He put before me was Mark 1:35. I do not considered 8:39 'early' by any means. But that was when I woke. LOL. Due to my printer dying this week I have a ton of computer work to get accomplished today. There is so much that I even made a list to not forget anything. For those of you who know me you know God took my list making away a few years ago but still 'allows' it for special times. He used this verse this morning to remind me in the craziness of life I must remember to pray. I don't have a problem starting my day praying because it is the first thing on my mind when I wake. But I know I miss opportunities throughout the day to pray because of all going on. I was reading about how Jesus is refueled in His time alone with God. His tank is filled mentally, physically, and spiritually because of this time. When He got alone, He good hear His Father's voice better. That is the desire of my heart. My calendar can become so crowded with activities, appointments, people to see, etc. Most of those things are good but they are not good when they take me away from hearing God's voice. They are not good when I become too exhausted to rest in Him. Jesus was pulled by people to do 'good' things. He had people constantly begging for his attention. Yesterday was a day where I could relate. My morning did not go as planned. My afternoon did not go as planned. My evening did not go as planned. I am thankful I do not stress out when plans change but rather I listen to what He desires of me. Sometimes that means saying 'no' which can be hard for me to do. Sometimes it means giving up doing something I want to do. Sometimes it means showing God's love in a way I would not have experienced otherwise. 'Sometimes' can be a blessing in disguise. I am reminded of a song For King and Country sings called "God Is With Us"...

Can you hear the prayers that people prayed?
Can you see the skies begin to break?
When Heaven and Earth were face-to-face
Oh, how the world forever changed

Yes! Our prayers make a difference in this world. God does not need our prayers but we need to pray. He already knows the outcome of our life but the more we are in tune to Him the closer we will be to Him. The closer we are to Him the more we will have the desire in our heart to walk in obedience to His will. Sometimes I think He puts things before me to see how I will react. I pray I react in the way He desires.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You put before me yesterday to be loved on by many! I so appreciate Marion's hugs and how much she appreciates me. I loved the snuggles with the Carrington littles last night. You know exactly what I need and provide. Thank You for the reminder this morning of Mark 1:35 and the song "God Is With Us" that reminds me to keep on praying. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. My heart is heavy today for so many going through difficult days. I pray Your peace and strength over Amy and her family. I pray the same over Owen's family and for Your closeness for Doug and his family. i pray for: My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! Last night as I was driving home I yelled at him for leaving me. I know he can't hear me but sometimes I do it anyway. I know You hear the hurts of my heart and that is all that matters. Thank You for being My Everything! Amen. 

No comments: