Saturday, May 14, 2022

Jeremiah 29:11-13; John 16:33 - "Mirror"

Yesterday was another awesome day with Marlene and Sharon. God blesses me in abundance with them. Talking and enjoying my little world is so rewarding when they come for a visit. Last night's sunset was breathtaking. As I looked at the pictures I took once again this morning I stopped at this one and pondered upon it. This picture reminds me of my life with God. No matter what path my life takes He is there for me. He took me back to Jeremiah 29:11-13 again this morning to encourage me. I read it in different versions and loved how it reads in The Tree of Life. "For I know the plans that I have in mind for you,” declares Adonai, “plans for shalom and not calamity—to give you a future and a hope. “Then you will call on Me, and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me, when you will search for Me with all your heart. Shalom means peace. I shared in Wednesday night Bible study about the only way to have His rest on this earth is to live in His peace. When life is crazy, His peace is mine. When I feel like I cannot put one foot in front of the other, His strength is mine. When the hurt is deep from circumstances, His joy is mine. Praise His Holy Name! The way this is possible is to live in His shalom. I am reminded of Jesus' words to His disciples in John 16:33. It reads in The Tree of Life Version: "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have shalom. In the world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world!” The Bible gives me such hope in Him. It shows me how to live on this earth so I can spend eternity with Him. The more I seek Him and His will for my life the more I will realize what He desires of me. This picture reminds me of the path I am on. It is one of beauty and at times can be breathtaking. As I walked toward the sunset last night I thought about its beauty. God is so beautiful in all He does for and in me. His beauty shines bright in me when life darkens as I allow Him. I am reminded this morning of the words of a song Rebecca St James sings called "Mirror." I desire to mirror His beauty. I know the only way I can be successful in doing so is by living out His love.

Take me – make me
Beautiful to You
Create me so – I mirror You
Take me – make me
And image of You
Lord I want to mirror You

Dear Jesus, Thank You for another blessed day with Marlene and Sharon! Thank You for our time at Hunting Island, all of the laughter You provided, the beauty of the sunset, and most of all for bringing us together years ago as sisters! I pray blessings upon the day ahead. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Father, there are many going through difficult days. I pray Your shalom over them. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Madeline; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; Owen and his family; Cyndi; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, Russ, and Kathy and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry's strength! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for being My Shalom! Amen.  

No comments: