Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Psalm 39 - "My God Is Still The Same"

This morning God woke me with a song Sanctus Real sings called "My God Is Still The Same." He also directed me to read Psalm 39 which I did in various versions. David cries out to the Lord for help to get through life on this earth so he can spend eternity with Him. Verse seven in The Passion Translation speaks volumes on how what we all need to realize. And now, God, I’m left with one conclusion: my only hope is to hope in you alone! Yes! He is our Hope! He loves us greatly and desires us to succeed in life on this earth so we can spend eternity with Him. He desires us to realize His love to a great degree. When we feel like God is far away, we need to press into Him more. When we can't sense Him in our life, we need to be more intentional in living in His presence. When we can't seem to hear Him, we need to be still and listen better. God does not ever leave us. He never changes. We are the ones who struggle in our relationship with Him. This song goes...

When did He break His promise
When did His kindness fail
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same
When did He lose His power
When did His mercy change
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same

Yes! He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. There is a part of the song that mentions how our prayers sent up in desperation are always heard. It reminded me of in Sunday's sermon when I talked about 'get me out' prayers and 'get me through' prayers. So many times we throw up prayers in desperation because we are at the end of our rope in a circumstance. The thing we need to remember is God desires to hear our prayers all the time not just in times of despair. The writers of this song wrote about how this song came as a result from COVID.

“It would be easy to think of these times as uniquely difficult,” Rohman explains. “For the most part a lot of what we’re experiencing is something totally unseen before by our generation. There were so many questions without answers as the weeks and months of 2020 passed by with what seemed like an unending amount of bad news. Dustin and I knew we had to write about God’s steadiness throughout the ages as a way to encourage people right now. There was one thing we felt we could communicate with certainty no matter how quickly everything around us had changed – that our God is still the same.”

These words remind me of the many prayers that were sent up on Doc's behalf as he battled pancreatic cancer. Even though he was not healed on this earth as we prayed he was healed with a new body in heaven. Verses four and five in the New Living Translation remind me our time on this earth is short compared to eternity with Him. God was, and continues to be, my steadiness. He continues to give me exactly what I need. He loves me greatly and blesses me every day. I am one blessed lady. When uncertainties arise, He is there to direct me. When I feel alone, He is with me. When I feel like I don't know how to pray in a situation, He is there as I am still before Him. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a new, different way today. Lord, my heart is heavy for many going through difficult times. May they seek Your peace. My Momma; Ben; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Cait; Mike; Norma Hall; Sharon Sebolt and her Momma Shirley; Serena and her husband; Beth and her family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Preacher Bill Watts; Brooklyn; Kristen Batten; Timmy; Amber; Heather; families in turmoil; Ms Savon's friend; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many who are dealing with 'c' and/or going through treatments... Doug and Gay; Patty's daughter Tracy; Sharon's daughter Ashley and niece Amy; Chrissy's cousins; Shirley Jones; Debbie's husband Kelly; Cait's friend with leukemia; my pastor friend with daily chemo; Betty's husband; my friend with mesothelioma; Judy Link; Little Ivy; my friend with upcoming radiation; and Dorothy's grandson. I pray for: Jonathan whose mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Russ and his family, the Long Family, Vickie's son Jim, and Christina and her family. Thank You for continued improvement with Pastor Sam and for Baby Henry having another successful surgery! I pray for Larry Amstutz to have open doors as he seeks new employment. Thank You for continuing to be with Anna, Michael, Matt, and myself as we miss my Rickey being with us! Thank You for being My Steadiness! Amen.

No comments: