Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Psalm 14; Psalm 53; Matthew 24 - "Rescue Story"

God took me to Psalm 14 this morning. I read it in different versions along with reading its counterpart Psalm 53. Psalm 14's view is from the past. Psalm 53's view is from the future. Both Psalms speak about people who have rejected God yet He continues to love them. The last verse of both Psalms end with the hope of Christ through salvation. Praise His Holy Name! We are living in days with many signs of His return showing. Believers are being persecuted to the point of death. Weather incidents are not only destroying the land but also taking lives. All signs point to the end of time for this earth as we know it. Yet there are still people who are holding onto living for themselves instead of God. There are still people who do not want to allow God to be the King of Kings and Lord of Lords of their life. It hurts my heart to see/hear people live in this manner. I was talking with a friend yesterday about how we are so ready for the Lord's return. But we must remember His return will only happen in His time. Not a minute sooner. He desires all who will surrender to Him to do so before He returns. Matthew 24 warns us of false prophets during the last days. Verse twenty-two shows how Jesus must intervene in world affairs. We can be assured He will save us in His time. We may say we are ready for Him to return but are we really? Are we ourselves ready spiritually? Have we truly did everything we could to proclaim the Gospel? Do we have friends and family who are still living in the world instead of for Him? Have we taken every opportunity that He has given us to share His love? Ouch! These are some hard questions to think about. I am grateful my God is a God of second chances. When I mess up, He is there to pick me up. When I miss an opportunity He puts before me, it's ok. He gives me more opportunities. We never know when our last day on this earth will happen. We need to be ready for Him at all time. I am so looking forward to spending eternity with Him. I can't even begin to imagine how life will be in heaven but I know that is where I want to be. Psalm 53:6 reads in The Passion TranslationOh, I wish our time of rescue were already here. Oh, that God would come forth nowarising from the midst of his Zion-people to save and restore his very own. When God fully restores his people, Jacob will rejoice, and Israel will be filled with gladness! Praise His Holy Name! Woo hoo! Until the time comes for our rescue we must continue doing what He puts before us. Some days I feel like I lack but then there are days when He reassures me of His love for me. As I was working on computer files yesterday I came upon this picture and the tears flowed. I don't remember when He said these words to me but I believe I was on a walk. What a blessing! This is why I continue striving to be the godly woman He has called me to be. My "Rescue Story" is one God wrote just for me. He loves me in ways that are incomprehensible to man but mean so much to me. 

You were the voice in the desert
Calling me out in the dead of night
Fighting my battles for me
You are my rescue story
Lifted me up from the ashes
Carried my soul from death to life
Bringing me from glory to glory
You are my rescue story

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the tears that soothed me when memories came yesterday! Thank You for the reminder from this picture of just how much You love me! Father, I prayed for peace for a situation that happened yesterday in a friend's life and You provided. Thank You! I prayed for protection over a friend and You provided. Thank You! I come before You this morning with so many people on my prayer list. Some with physical needs, some with mental and/or emotional needs, some with financial needs, and most of all some with spiritual needs. May You speak so clearly in a way we all will not only hear Your voice but walk in obedience to it. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so there is nothing between You and I. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way throughout the day ahead. I pray for protection on the road and Your wisdom as I meet with people. I also pray Marion will cooperate with the therapist and that I will be able to see her. I praise You for Melanie having a better day yesterday! May You continue to give her what she needs. I praise You for bringing Rickey into my life and for the way he encourages me. Lord, I pray Your peace over many. Most of all I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to have someone to say or do something that will make a difference in their life. I pray for Your presence to be felt so greatly by all going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Pete and Delores; Ben and Colleen; Ofie; Scott; Norma; Nada; Sharon Sebolt; many with COVID and the families dealing with deaths from it; Ms Savon and Mr John; Gay and Doug; Rick McCartney; Carrie and Chris; those in Afghanistan and those dealing with Hurricane Ida and the wildfires in California; Little Ivy's family; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another young man hospitalized for addiction; a friend whose uncle has cancer; a young Momma waiting on test results of her unborn baby; and so many others. I pray for wisdom for the surgeon as my friend Sheila has surgery. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Rescuer! Amen.

No comments: