Thursday, August 26, 2021

Ezekial 37 - "Rattle!"/"All Things New"

The Lord woke me to the song "Rattle!" this morning. I went to Ezekiel 37 and read the account of the vision the Lord gave Ezekial of the restoration of Israel. As I read these words I thought about so many people who need restored in their spirit. At one time they were following God yet have walked away to do life on their own. The thing about it is we never do life on own. God never leaves us but instead is always there waiting for us to return to Him. Praise His Holy Name! My morning started off with a phone call asking for prayer for a family in turmoil. Within minutes of praying with them I receive a text for prayer for a young man I have been praying for who has an interview today. My days are filled with prayer requests. It blesses me in abundance to have people share their requests with me. But it really blesses me when I know they are praying themselves. Sometimes we don't know how to pray or we feel like we may not be in a place where God hears our prayers. We must remember He always hears our prayers. He may not answer them the way we desire but He always answers them. Sometimes it's with a 'yes' and others times it is 'no' or even a 'wait' but He always answers. As I sit here praying for people He brought a song Big Daddy Weave sings called "All Things New" to my mind.

I've heard You can take what's broken and make it whole again
Well, here's the pieces of my heart, what can You do with them?
'Cause I can't hold them all together anymore
So I let them fall surrendered to the floor

You make all things new
You make all things new
God of mercy and love
Do what only You can do and make all things new

Only You can bring such beauty from the depths of all my pain
Only You can take this shattered heart and make it beat again
Oh, You hold us all together in Your hands
I surrender all I have and all I am

He can, and does, take our brokenness and make beauty and peace. He takes our dry bones and bring them back to life. All we have to do to receive new life is surrender to Him. Last night in Bible study I shared something I read in the Beacon Commentary. "Discipleship demands perfect obedience." We were studying the rich man in Matthew 19 who was told to give away his possessions yet he refused. God knew possessions were most important to him. That is why he challenged him in this way. I shared the story of when God told me we were moving to South Carolina and I struggled to be so far from my family. There was no doubt we were to be here so we walked in obedience to His will. I also shared how many thought I would go back to Ohio when Doc died but once again there is no doubt I am where God desires me to be. He has given me a vision for the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene and He has given me a vision for me personally. I could have done a lot of things when Doc died. I could have given up on being a pastor. I could have given up on fulfilling God's will in South Carolina. I could have went into a state of depression and asked 'why me?' but I did not do any of those things. Instead I continue to allow Him to heal my broken heart and make all things new. Woo hoo! These are exciting days. Yes, there are days I feel very alone but I know God is right here with me. For that I am so thankful!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the privilege to pray for people! Thank You for our time in Matthew last night! Thank You for the time spent with Leslie and Cait yesterday that was so refreshing! Thank You for their friendship! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to shine brightly for you and for the ones ahead today! Lord, I pray Marion cooperates for her therapy appointment today and I pray I get to visit with her. I also pray for those having procedures today. Chrissy's son, Mr. John, and Ms. Savon's mother. May You guide the doctors hands and give them wisdom. I pray for the young man having an interview today to realize You are the One blessing him. I also pray for the family with an appointment with their teen daughter. May Your will be accomplished through this situation and may You continue to protect this family. I continue to pray for the Pottenger Family as they are separated from their son. May they receive Your peace in a mighty way. i pray for two ladies with career issues and for Melanie as she adjusts to her new position. May You be greater than the hurts of loss for Rae Lynn, Mike Devore's family, Michele, Mike, and Alex and their families. I pray peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Scott; Pete and Delores; Steve; Sharon Sebolt; Gay and Doug; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another young man dealing with addiction; many with COVID; a friend whose uncle is battling cancer; Carletta; Little Ivy's family; a friend feeling threatened by a co-worker; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. I pray for cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me and use me as You so desire today. May I make You proud to call me Your daughter. I pray for Rickey to have a great day with students. You bless me in abundance with his encouragement. Thank You for bringing him into my life! Thank You for being My Breath of Life! Amen.




No comments: