Saturday, August 14, 2021

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "My Jesus"

I woke up this morning with the lyrics to Anne Wilson's song "About My Jesus" going through my mind. I know I need to get better at sharing Jesus with people. There are times when I miss opportunities God puts before me and that saddens me. Everyone needs the chance to be in relationship with Him. This morning I am thinking about part of tomorrow's sermon. We need to strive to glorify God in our words, actions, thoughts, and attitude every day. I pray for Him to cleanse me so He can do this. I wrote in the sermon...

     God has no hands in this world except the hands of His children yielded to Him. 
     God has no feet except the feet of His children going for Him. 
     God has no lips except the lips of His children speaking for Him. 
     God has no eyes except the eyes of His children watching for Him.
     God has no ears except the ears of His children listening for Him. 

God uses us to love on others as we allow Him to do so. He is blessed as we show others His love. We should never keep Him to ourselves but instead share Him with all we meet. We need to share the knowledge from this song.

He makes a way where there ain’t no way
Rises up from an empty grave
Ain’t no sinner that He can’t save
Let me tell you ’bout my Jesus
His love is strong and His grace is free
And the good news is I know that He
Can do for you what He’s done for me
Let me tell you ’bout my Jesus
And let my Jesus change your life

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, amen, amen

God desires all people to be in relationship with Him. He desires all people to experience His love so they will share Him with others. He desires all people to not only hear Him but walk in obedience to His will. The desire of my heart is to fulfill the desire of His heart. It takes trusting Him even when life is ugly. It takes walking in faith at all time. Anne Wilson wrote of this song:

A few years ago, I went through a season of tragedy. My older brother, Jacob, who was my best friend and someone I looked up to in every way, lost his life in a car accident at the age of 23. That night I heard God’s voice so clear and He spoke to me for the first time. He said, “Anne, are you going to trust me or not?” I answered, “Jesus, I trust you.” In an instant, Jesus lifted the heavy weight off and told me that He would give me everything I need to get through this. Jesus began to show me that He was a personal God. When people hear to this song, I want them to feel that Jesus is personal; and while our stories may look different, the same Jesus that I call “My Jesus” can be your Jesus too. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday at the waterfront to love on people! Thank You for the opportunities You will give me today! May I not miss any of them. Thank You for this song and Your Word that encourages me to continue living a life with You! Thank You for the times of laughter Rickey and I had yesterday! You bless me in abundance by him. Thank You for another night with ten hours of sleep! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to find You. I pray for those going through 'tough' days to have Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Steve; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Chrissy and her son; a friend who had surgery for brain tumors; many with COVID; Rick McCartney; Jack Rose; Gay and Doug; my friend awaiting an appointment for the battery in his implant that isn't functioning; a friend's uncle diagnosed with lung cancer; Melanie; a young man dealing with addiction and another young man in rehab for anger issues; and so many others. Lord, may each one of us trust You so You can work in and through us. Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen.



G

No comments: