Monday, August 9, 2021

Psalm 143 - "Oh My Soul"


The words to a song Casting Crowns sings called "Oh My Soul" came to my mind this morning. This song is a comfort for times of trouble. It brings hope for the hopeless.

Here and now
You can be honest
I won't try to promise that someday it all works out
'Cause this is the valley
And even now, He is breathing on your dry bones
And there will be dancing
There will be beauty where beauty was ash and stone
This much I know

Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down

I'm not strong enough, I can't take anymore
(You can lay it down, you can lay it down)
And my shipwrecked faith will never get me to shore
(You can lay it down, you can lay it down)
Can He find me here
Can He keep me from going under

The enemy tries to cover us in fear during 'good' days and 'tough' days. He tries to tear us apart by making us think God does not love us enough to see us through. He speaks words over us to cause doubt and chaos. He uses people to get us to run away from God. The enemy comes disguised in different ways. We must have our focus on God so the enemy won't win. If the enemy wins, we spend eternity in hell instead of with our Heavenly Daddy. No matter what we are going through God is with us. No matter what mountain is before us He is ready to knock it down. Sometimes it takes awhile because things must happen in His time not necessarily the timing we desire. No matter what happens when we stay focused on Him He will guide us to where He desires us to be. Psalm 143:3-4 reads in The Message: Give me your lantern and compass, give me a map, So I can find my way to the sacred mountain, to the place of your presence, To enter the place of worship, meet my exuberant God, Sing my thanks with a harp, magnificent God, my God. Praise His Holy Name! We have all we need in God to stay on the road we need to be on to spend eternity with Him. Woo hoo! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for continued safe travels! Thank You for opportunities to pray with people! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You so You will ooze out of me today in a great way. May people see/hear You instead of me. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. I pray for those going through 'tough' times to be focused on You. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ofie; Pete and Delores; JoAnn; Chrissy; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; Kayla with her little one sick; many with COVID; a young man dealing with addiction; a young man in rehab for anger issues; a woman with something found on her breast; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for time with family and friends and for time to get to know Rickey better! Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.


No comments: