Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Isaiah 40:28-31 - "Made To Fly"

When I was up during the night and again this morning, the words to Colton Dixon's song "Made To Fly" were going through my mind. There are times in life when we feel like we cannot continue on. Life becomes overwhelming. Sometimes it is because of trauma and sometimes it is because of the busyness of everyday life. No matter what the reason, we need to remember God desires to get us through the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. He desires to give us exactly what we need to not just get through our days but to glorify Him through them.

If you need Freedom
Look to the sky
Hope is waiting
On the other side
Sing Hallelujah
By and by
Don’t stop at walking
When you were made to fly

The Prophet Isaiah gave rich words in Isaiah 40:31. When we have the Lord in our life, we have hope in Him. When we feel like we have not one ounce of strength to put one foot in front of the other, we have His strength. God desires to give us exactly what we need to accomplish exactly what He desires of us. Some times we get off doing our own agenda and wonder why things always seem to go wrong. We must remember to stay focused on Him and to allow Him to guide us. This song reminds me to keep my focus on Him. It reminds me to not settle for anything less than what God has for me. Sometimes the enemy puts blinders on us that make us 'think' something different than God. Shame on us for giving the enemy an open door into our life. Isaiah was trying to get the point across that God never tires as we do. He is always ready to give us what we need for whatever happens in life. As we lean into Him, we will have His strength and empowerment. We do not have to fear anything that comes our way but instead need to allow Him to work in and through such times. Living in relationship with Him does not make life be 'perfect' but will give us what is needed to live in His 'perfect' will. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for loving me so greatly through this song and Scripture! Thank You for another great day with family and friends! Thank You for the way Rickey encourages me and takes care of me! Thank You for opportunities You gave me to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead today! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May people see/hear You instead of me today. I pray I will soar on wings like eagles for You. I pray the same for many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Chrissy; Kathy Amstutz and her family; Cathy Coe and her family; Mandy Sampson and her family; Pottenger family; Rodney Lindsey and his family; Little Ivy's family; school mates Jack and Nada; Iwilda; and so many others. I pray safety for a friend traveling today and I praise You for using medicine/doctors to give Melanie relief. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Empowerment to Soar! Amen.

No comments: