Sunday, August 29, 2021

Psalm 30 - "Graves Into Gardens"


The Lord took me to Psalm 30 this morning. This Scripture reminds me of what I have gone through is in the past. I need to praise Him for the way He brought me through so much 'junk' in this life and move on praising Him for what is ahead. The mistakes I made are long gone. They cannot be changed but I am changed through the love of Christ. The sad times of life are a reminder that life cannot be perfect on this earth but it can be perfect for eternity when I live for Him here. God is with me every second of every day. He is here to encourage me and to love on me. He never leaves me even in the days I stray from Him. This Psalm is one that encourages me greatly to praise Him no matter what is happening in life. People are watching to see how I react to life situations. I am sure some want to see me fall because that is what the enemy desires but my God is greater than anything that comes my way. It is in the 'tough' times of life that we draw closer to God. He becomes more real to us when we realize we cannot do life without Him. When His strength is what we depend upon, we are more apt to walk in His Spirit. Matthew Henry wrote about Psalm 30 that we need to learn to pray in the dark. When we do, we will have reason to praise Him more than ever. David was delivered from the troubles he endured on this earth. Those who live for God will receive deliverance too. He will turn our mourning into joyful dancing (NLT). It does not matter what is happening in life God desires to be the One we turn to. He desires to be our strength. He desires to change us in ways no one can. I am reminded of the words to "Graves Into Gardens" this morning. 

Oh, there's nothing better than You
Oh, there's nothing better than You
Lord, there's nothing
Nothing is better than You
You turn mourning to dancing
You give beauty for ashes
You turn shame into glory
You're the only one who can

Dear Jesus,
May You change "Graves Into Gardens" for all who are struggling. May Your peace come down upon many going through 'tough' days. Sometimes our eyes are blinded and our ears are closed to You when going through the 'junk' of life. May all who are in this situation find Your strength to stand in Your empowerment. My heart goes out to so many who are dealing with physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual issues. I pray for a revelation from You for them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ofie and his family; Scott; Pete and Delores; Steve; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; many who have lost loved ones; many with COVID; Little Ivy's family; Rebecca's student and family; Donna and Mike Adams; Carletta; Sandi; a young man in the hospital for addiction and another young man in rehab for anger issues; Carrie and Chris; the Pottenger family and another family making 'hard' decisions; Ms Savon and Mr John; a friend whose uncle has cancer; and so many others. I pray protection over: those in the path of Hurricane Ida; those dealing with the fires in California and the flooding throughout the United States; and those in Afghanistan. Lord, be so real to all. Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! I prayed before bed, during the night, and again this morning for pastors who would be preaching to feel Your strength. May we all speak Your words boldly. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be who You have called me to be. May my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts shine brightly for You. I pray blessings over Rickey and thank You for bringing him into my life. I thank You for the way You lead me and encourage me. Matt's Momma yesterday blessed me in abundance with her words and I thank You for that. Thank You Jesus for being My Only One! Amen.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Good to hear this morning. Thank you

My Strength said...

Hope you had a blessed day!