Thursday, August 19, 2021

Psalm 16:9; Ephesians 3:20 - "Blessings"

I was talking with someone yesterday about having disappointments in life. They happen. I believe sometimes they happen because God is protecting us but they always happen because He loves us so greatly. When we experience disappointments, He is there to love us through them. Sometimes we understand the reason for them and sometimes we do not. No matter what we must remember He is in control of everything that happens in life. We just need to allow Him that control. God gives us what we need to get through every day whether it has disappointments or not. I love a quote I read about disappointments. “Disappointments are God’s appointments.” So, so true. I had so many people I wanted to see, things I wanted to do, etc. on my recent trip to Ohio. Some happened, some didn't. I was disappointed but was reminded of all I did do, people I saw, memories I made, etc. and was thankful. One of the things I really wanted to do was walk at Lake Anna in Barberton with Rickey but it didn't happen. We walk in Orrville and I enjoyed sharing childhood memories with him. I have enjoyed sharing my little world here in South Carolina with many walks. Our favorite place to walk in the waterfront park. He has fallen in love with it just as I am. I wanted to walk at Lake Anna with him because it is where he walks many days a week. For whatever reason that didn't happen this trip. God reminded me this morning plans I make are not always what will happen. I have to be open to whatever plans He puts before me. Guzik wrote of Psalm 16:9: 

A man’s heart plans his way: This is not a bad thing. We, as the God in whose image we are made, think about and plan our way. Many people would do well to more carefully plan their way

But the Lord directs his steps: We plan as we can and should, but we should never think that our ability to plan makes us lord over our lives. It is the Lord who directs our steps. Every plan we make should be held in humility before God and surrender to His ultimate will.

We can make our plans but we must be ready when God changes them. Paul wrote in Ephesians 3:20: Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, (NIV). We cannot see the big picture as God does. He knows all and sees all. When He changes our direction, we must be willing to follow Him. We cannot manipulate circumstances to go 'our' way but instead but fully embrace His way. This morning I am blessed with this picture of Lake Anna Rickey sent to me on his walk last night. Even though I wasn't able to walk with him, I still enjoyed the scenery.

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the shoeboxes Cait and the children/teens put together last night! Thank You for those who participated in Adult Bible Study! Thank You for Rickey sharing the picture of Lake Anna with me! I am one blessed lady! Father, today as I bring together the sermon You have laid on my heart I pray for blessings of clarity in what You desire. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so there is nothing between You and I. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your love to lavish down on me in a mighty way today. I pray the same for many going through difficult times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ofie; Pete and Delores; Steve; Chrissy and her son; Sharon Sebolt; Rick McCartney; many dealing with COVID in themselves or family; a young man dealing with addiction and another one in rehab for anger issues; and so many others. I pray You will reveal to a young man going through some tough stuff what You desire for Him. May he embrace this revelation. I pray for safe travels for many. I also pray for everyone to embrace Your will in our lives. Lord, be greater than the lies of the enemy. Be greater than the things happening in our world. May more depend upon You and not the government. Thank You Jesus for being My Guide! Amen.

No comments: