Saturday, August 7, 2021

Psalm 30:11-12 - "I Don't Want To Miss It"


I was awake every hour on the hour throughout the night. Thankfully I was able to go back to sleep after looking at the clock. This happens often when I have to set the clock and when there is a 'big' day ahead. Oh how I pray for God's supernatural empowerment for the day ahead. I don't want to just get through it but I desire for Him to be glorified through me. Every time I woke up Ellie Holcomb's song "I Don't Want To Miss It" was going through my head. Ellie wrote of this song that she wants it to encourage people to allow themselves to grieve in order to experience healing on a deeper level. It was a song written out of the COVID time when there were many losses. Loss of life, loss of normalcy, loss of time spent together, etc. were all hard to handle. It seems like we may be headed into a repeat of that time now with COVID on the rise. It saddens me to think of people in nursing homes, assisted living, etc. who were kept in their rooms for days on end with no or little contact with the outside world. It also saddens me to think about people who became depressed to the point of taking their own life. We must remember no matter what is happening God is there to empower us through. He is always there to love on us and desires us to love on others with His love. Ellie wrote:

I hope this song will help people breathe in that they are God’s beloved, and breathe out the same love that they are always surrounded by, and I hope this will cause their hearts to leap for joy, maybe they’ll even dance wild and free like a kid who knows that their mom or dad is watching them with broad smiles across their faces as they move to the music. What if we listened better? What if we listened more closely to the songs of love God sings over us? I think it might free us up to live from a place of knowing no matter how high or low we are on any given day, we belong to Love, and I want to be the kind of person who lives out of a place of belonging and beloved-ness.

I am so thankful for the joy God puts in my heart no matter what is happening. I am thankful for the way He uses 'tough' days to strengthen my faith. He is so good and provides exactly what I need. I need to get better at sharing that love so others can experience it too. I need to listen more so I do not miss any opportunity He puts before me. I desire to be who He has called me to be and the only way for that to happen is for me to stay focused on Him. 

Your touch is the warmth of sun
Your touch is the lingering kind
I'm a child reaching up, put Your hand in mine
Swing me around, I want to fly

And I don't want to miss it
I don't want to miss a thing
So, I climbed up in a Sycamore tree
'Cause I don't want to miss one thing
No, I don't want to miss it
No, I don't want to miss a thing
I don't want to miss the melody
That You've been singing over me (Ooh, yeah, ooh, yeah)
Yeah, You've been singing all around me

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday and the ones ahead today to love with Your love! Thank You for the time I had to talk with a lady with family in the military I have been praying for and never met in person until yesterday and for getting to meet Vickey in person! Thank You for all that was accomplished yesterday and the way You gave me wisdom on who to call for help when it was needed last night! Thank You for Jim coming and resolving the issue so quickly! Thank You for Rickey and Junior who worked hard to get the bed set-up! Thank You for me being here today for my family gathering and for my ordination celebration! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of me today in a way that will have people desiring You in their life. May I stay focused on You so You will shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, You know how physically and emotionally worn I am. I pray for Your supernatural empowerment to come down upon me so You will be glorified through me. I pray for Your supernatural empowerment for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Steve; Chrissy; Sharon Sebolt; Melanie; many with COVID; Rae Lynn, Laurie, Cathy, Rodney, and Mandy with losses in their families; a friend who received a call something was found on her mammogram; a young man dealing with addiction; another young man in rehab for his anger issues; Carrie and Chris; Gay and Doug; Little Ivy's family; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Love! Amen.

No comments: