Saturday, August 21, 2021

Philippians 3 - "Scars In Heaven"


The tears fell as I prayed for a man yesterday in his last hours. I have never met this man. He is/was a friend of a friend. I was sad when I found out he did not know the Lord. I told my friend if they had the chance to pray over him. We never know when someone will cry out to God even on their deathbed. My friend had tried to share the Lord with him so there is hope he heard something to make a difference if he spends eternity in heaven or hell. I can't imagine the feelings you would go through when you have tried and felt unsuccessful in sharing God with someone who dies. My heart breaks for my own family members who continue to refuse Him in their life. I am thankful for the knowledge of where my sister, Daddy, Doc, and other family members and friends are when they took their last breathe on this earth. I am thankful for the knowledge I will spend eternity with my Heavenly Daddy as I live for Him on this earth. There is a song out by Casting Crowns called "Scars In Heaven" that bring tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

The only scars in heaven, they won't belong to me and you
There'll be no such thing as broken and all the old will be made new
And the thought that makes me smile now even as the tears fall down
Is that the only scars in heaven are on the hands that hold you now

Praise His Holy Name for the knowledge of new bodies in heaven! Those who have lost loved ones and have the knowledge they are with the Lord can rejoice even in the midst of mourning. Paul encourages us in Philippians 3 to live for Christ on this earth so we can spend eternity with Him in heaven. Paul lived for Christ. He desired to do as God desired of Him. This is how we all need to live. We never know when our time on this earth will be over and need to be ready at all time. Matthew Henry wrote: 

Eternal life is the gift of God, but it is in Christ Jesus; through his hand it must come to us, as it is procured for us by him. There is no getting to heaven as our home, but by Christ as our Way. True believers, in seeking this assurance, as well as to glorify him, will seek more nearly to resemble his sufferings and death, by dying to sin, and by crucifying the flesh with its affections and lusts. In these things there is a great difference among real Christians, but all know something of them. Believers make Christ all in all, and set their hearts upon another world. If they differ from one another, and are not of the same judgment in lesser matters, yet they must not judge one another; while they all meet now in Christ, and hope to meet shortly in heaven. Let them join in all the great things in which they are agreed, and wait for further light as to lesser things wherein they differ. The enemies of the cross of Christ mind nothing but their sensual appetites. Sin is the sinner's shame, especially when gloried in. The way of those who mind earthly things, may seem pleasant, but death and hell are at the end of it. If we choose their way, we shall share their end. The life of a Christian is in heaven, where his Head and his home are, and where he hopes to be shortly; he sets his affections upon things above; and where his heart is, there will his conversation be. There is glory kept for the bodies of the saints, in which they will appear at the resurrection. Then the body will be made glorious; not only raised again to life, but raised to great advantage. Observe the power by which this change will be wrought. May we be always prepared for the coming of our Judge; looking to have our vile bodies changed by his Almighty power, and applying to him daily to new-create our souls unto holiness; to deliver us from our enemies, and to employ our bodies and souls as instruments of righteousness in his service.

Yes! We must be ready at all time. I love the knowledge that I will have a new body when I leave this earth. No more threat of cancer. No more MS. Woo hoo! I know the Bible says there will be no more tears in heaven but goodness I cry when I am joyful so I can't imagine not having tears! LOL

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my visit with Marion even with restrictions! Oh how I pray her pain will be alleviated. I pray for Ofie and family with Woody receiving a new body last night as he took his last breath on this earth. I pray for my friend with her friend in their last hours. My heart hurts for this situation with him never accepting You into his life. I pray even at the last moment he cried out to You. My heart breaks for Michele and her family as they have Amber's visitation and service tomorrow and Monday. This family sure has had a lot of loss. I pray for others who have lost loved ones to remember they have new bodies if they lived for Christ. May more people get to the end of themselves and live for Him. May all believers get better at sharing Him so more people will realize who He is here and when we leave this earth. I pray His peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; Mike and Alex with the losses in their families; a friend whose uncle is battling cancer; a young man battling addiction and another one in rehab for anger issues; Iwilda; Little Ivy's family; Carrie and Chris; many with COVID; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for successful surgery for Pete yesterday! Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life who encourages me so greatly! Bless him in abundance today with more of You. Thank You for being My Life Giver! Amen.

No comments: