Thursday, August 12, 2021

Psalm 60 - "See A Victory"


Yesterday afternoon swinging at the waterfront and again last night leading Bible study made me feel complete. Five years ago when God brought us to South Carolina for Doc to lead the church He knew exactly what would be happening today. Nine years ago when He told me to go to school to preach He knew what would be happening today. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I am grateful for the ways He uses people, songs, Scripture, and His nature to confirm things to me. He is so, so good. He took me to Psalm 60 this morning to show me how David fought through many enemies in his lifetime. If David would have given into his enemies, we would not have his writing to encourage us today. We cannot allow the enemy any open door into our life. If we do, we will walk out of God's will and into the enemy's traps. We cannot allow the doubts and fears he tries to put on us muddy the waters in our mind but instead need to stand in the knowledge that God will empower us through everything. At times God puts things before us to wake us up when we are veering off track. He gives us free will and we need to make sure to make the right choices. When we choose to live with God as our Focus, we will receive victory. It will be a sweet victory as we allow Him to guide us through the 'good' and the 'tough' days. I received a message last night that made me want to sing and dance. I have prayed for one for a few years and finally she has been blessed with a full-time position in her field. Woo hoo, God! This is the third person in the last few months I have prayed for that has received full-time work in their field. Praise His Holy Name! The enemy tried so hard to pull them down. He put doubts in their heads over and over again. We must remember David's words in Psalm 60:12. Only through God can we be successful. It is God alone who will defeat our enemies and bring us victory! (VOICE) I desire to be successful. Therefore, I must allow God to work in and through me at all time. Matthew Henry wrote of this verse:

Hope in God is the best principle of true courage, for what need those fear who have God on their side? All our victories are from him, and while those who willingly submit to our anointed King shall share his glories, all his foes shall be put under his feet.

I love Hope in God is the best principle of true courage! Woo hoo! When we have hope in Him, we have courage to face whatever is ahead. We also are empowered to be who He has called us to be as He works in and through us. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for small and big victories in my life! Thank You for the love I felt last night at church! Thank You for being with my little church friend Annabelle who was afraid I was going to leave again! Thank You for Rickey and Jerry joining in Bible study last night for their first time! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way in the day ahead. Empower me so I do not miss any opportunity You give me to love with Your love. Father, I pray for so many going through 'tough' days to fill Your empowerment. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Pete and Delores; Steve; Serenna; Little Ivy's family; Mandy and Cathy with the loss of their mothers; Jack Rose; Rae Lynn with the loss of her sister; Kathy and her family; many with COVID; Carrie and Chris; Tisha and her family; Angela's Mom; Rick McCartney; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for healing in Chrissy and for Melanie getting a position in her field! Thank You for giving my friend Jenn what she needs to not just get through today but to glorify You through it! Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: