Monday, August 16, 2021

Psalm 3; Romans 8 - "What If"


Sometimes life feels overwhelming. There is too much going on to handle on our own. Sometimes we turn to God and sometimes we allow the enemy to tear us apart. It hurts my heart to see people struggling but it especially hurts when I see people not allowing God to help them. It is so hard to watch someone go through life without the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. God took me to Psalm 3 this morning. It is believed David wrote this Psalm when he first became king and struggled with all who were against him. Sometimes we feel like there are more people against us than for us. It is in those times we need reminded of Paul's words in Romans 8:31b. If God is for us, who can be against us? Praise God for this knowledge! Paul continues on in verses thirty-five through thirty-nine about how nothing can separate us from His love. The enemy will try like crazy to put doubts in our mind about God but the only way he will win is if we allow him. The first verse in Psalm 13 is one that shows how David cried out to God instead of allowing the enemy to win. One description of this verse read: This is the psalm that describes the journey from self to God, from despair to delight, from feeling abandoned to feeling affirmed. It begins with pain and ends with praise. Moaning gives way to music. We each can take comfort in what David experienced. No matter what we go through God is there for us. He is there to love us through 'tough' days and encourage us when life seems bleak. He is there to show us the way to go, give us wisdom for decisions, etc. The desire of His heart is for us to live in His love so we can show others that love. I am reminded this morning of a song Matthew West sings called "What If"....

What if today's the only day I got?
I don't wanna waste it if it's my last shot
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs
I'm running till the road runs out
I'm lighting it up right here right now
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs

I'm gonna dream a little bigger
Burn a little brighter
Stand a little taller, closer to your fire
Dig a little deeper
Reach a little further
Love a little harder


We have the decision to make on whether we love with His love or allow the enemy to stop us. God desires us to choose Him but He also give us free will to make our own decision. When the 'tough' days come one after another, He is there for us. All we have to do is accept His love to get us through.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for an awesome day yesterday! Thank You for the day ahead today! Thank You for being with me in the 'good' and the 'tough' days! Lord, may I always choose You over the enemy. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May You be greater than anything that comes my way today. I pray Your peace over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Pete and Delores; Ofie; Steve; Melanie; Chrissy and her son; Art Perkins; Debbie Little; Gay and Doug; a friend whose uncle was diagnosed with lung cancer and another friend who had surgery last week for brain cancer; many with COVID; many who have lost loved ones; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another young man with addiction; Sharon Sebolt; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the enticements of the enemy. I pray for Rickey to have a good day today. I miss him when we aren't doing life together. I also pray for those who are making decisions to seek Your will in all decisions made. Thank You for my birthday sleep-over with my 'church Annabelle'! She blessed my heart yesterday when she stood behind the pulpit and said, "Look Pastor Sheila. I have a dress on like you and am standing here like you." It is times like that when I feel like my heart will explode. Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Blesses Me! Amen.

No comments: