Sunday, August 15, 2021

Psalm 32 - "See A Victory"


God took me to Psalm 32 this morning and stopped me at verse seven. Spurgeon wrote of this verse, Personal claims upon our God are the joy of spiritual life. To lay our hand upon the Lord with the clasp of a personal "my" is delight at its full. When we live in His presence, we will live in His joy and peace no matter what is happening in our little world. Last night before going to sleep I prayed for pastors. Specifically I prayed for pastors with COVID in themselves, family members, and/or their church family. It seems like every day there are more people affected by COVID. There are all sorts of thinking with it but God is the Only One who knows the truth of it. One thing for sure is it is playing havoc on the world. Another thing for sure is God is greater than it. Another thing for sure is the enemy is having a hay day causing division among the people. He is loving seeing people be nasty to one another, argue, etc. It hurts my heart to see this happening. We all have a choice to make. We can either lean into God for His wisdom and strength or we can give into the enemy. We will only have victory with God. He is the Only Way to receive victory in this world. He is the Only Way we can spend eternity with Him instead of living in hell for eternity. He is the Only Way we can live in joy and peace. Plain and simple. He is the Only Way. Woo hoo! David tell us in Psalm 32 how to live in order to receive such joy and peace. We must repent of our sins and live for God. Not one of us is perfect. We need to strive to live a Christ-like life but we will still fall That is why it is so important to repent daily. We need to ask God to give us a clean slate so we can be the people He has called us to be. 'Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You' is my daily prayer. I do not want anything to be between me and my Heavenly Daddy. I desire to live out His will for my live. Therefore, I must be ready at all time to do whatever He puts before me. This life is the best life to live.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love You presented me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for giving me the opportunity to pray for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning! I pray for those with COVID themselves, in family members, or in their church to feel Your peace. I pray for all of us to realize You are greater than anything in life, even COVID. I pray against the division the enemy is enjoying through this illness. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your joy and peace be mine in a mighty way today. May it also be realized for those going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Dan; Pete and Delores; Steve; Ofie; Chrissy and her son; Sharon Sebolt; Melanie; the Risner family; Jack and Paula; many dealing with COVID; Jack Rose; my friend whose uncle has lung cancer; a friend who underwent surgery this week for brain tumors; a young man dealing with addiction and another young man in rehab for anger issues; a friend waiting for an appointment for his implant battery; Rick McCartney; Carrie and Chris; Gay and Doug; and so many others. Thank You for our time with Cait, Alex, and the kids over dinner! Thank You for another walk at the waterfront with Rickey and the laughter he brings me! Thank You for this Psalm that reminds me of how to receive victory! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude today in a mighty way. Thank You for being My Only Way! Amen.

No comments: