Monday, August 2, 2021

I John 3:1 - "Hello My Name Is"




I woke up this morning with the song "Hello, My Name Is" going through my mind. God does lavish us with His love. Some times we realize it and some times not. Some times we feel His love to a greater degree than other times. No matter what, His love is always upon us. His love is always there to comfort in times of hurt, strengthen in times of need, fulfill in times of emptiness, encourage in times of turmoil, and be ready to give us whatever we need at all time. These words have such deep meaning...

What love the Father has lavished upon us that we should be called His children?
Hello, my name is Child of the one true King.
I've been saved, I've been changed, I have been set free.
"Amazing Grace" is the song I sing.
Hello, my name is Child of the one true King.
I am a child of the one true King.

We do not have to live in our past but can live in the day and in our future when God is in control. As we focus on Him, He will direct our decisions. The more we bless Him with our life, the more His blessings will be realized. Being a child of God is the best title to have. Being His child is where I desire to live. I need to get better at sharing Him so others can experience His love. I need to get better at loving on others with His love. I want everyone to experience Him as I do. I am one blessed lady and am thankful for Him every moment of my days. He makes life worth living. His restoration in my life is so awesome. I can't wait to see where He will take me next on my journey. Last night as I reflected on my day I was so blessed with it from start to finish. I told Rickey the only birthday gift I wanted was to meet his children and grandchildren. Not only did he arrange that but we had 'Barberton' chicken for lunch which is one of my favorites. Taking my Momma for a drive yesterday evening was so special. She treated us to ice cream which of course is another one of my favorite things in life. The two birthday cakes I made were two of my favorite chocolate flavors too that were enjoyed. The best part of the day was feeling my Heavenly Daddy's arms around me the entire day. His love was with me in a special way yesterday. Maybe because it was my 'first' birthday since Doc passed was why He loved on me in an extra special way. Or maybe it was because I turned sixty and some people struggle with the milestone. I don't know the reason but I don't have to know. All I have to do is allow Him to work in and through me in a way that He will be glorified in all I do and say. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings of yesterday but especially for Your love! Thank You for the time of meeting Rickey's children and grandchildren! I pray blessings over Ana and Mike, Michael and Angie, and Matthew and the grand babies. Thank You for all Rickey did to make my birthday special! Thank You for the drive with my Momma last night that she so enjoyed! Thank You for the FB messages, calls, texts, and a visit from a friend yesterday! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through all of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. I pray blessings over many going through 'tough' days to feel Your presence. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Pete and Delores; Chrissy; Melanie; Carrie and Chris; a friend with a daughter going through a divorce; Rae Lynn with the death of her sister; Cathy with her mother's death; Mandy with her mother's death; Kathy with family serious with COVID; and so many others. Thank You for Ben Simon doing well with being back to work! Thank You for more of what You shared with me last night about the upcoming sermon series! Woo hoo, God! I love doing life with You! Thank You for being My One True King! Amen.

No comments: