Tuesday, August 10, 2021

II Timothy 1:7 - "See A Victory"

God woke me this morning to pray for five specific people and also those dealing with COVID. He has me praying for a woman who was hospitalized yesterday with blood clots in her lungs. I pray she leans into His strength through this difficult time. He also had me pray for a man who recently had tumors found on his brain and a woman with something found on her breast who is having further testing this week. He also has me praying for a couple where he is going through treatments for stage three cancer. I get so tired of hearing the 'C' word. Urgh! But I remind myself God is in control of the 'good' and the 'tough' things of life. We do not have to fear anything but instead need to be in relationship with Him where we trust Him with every aspect of our life. Every decision we make needs made in Him. Every thought we have needs to be from Him. Every word we say needs to be from Him. When we live in this manner, we will be blessed in abundance with His love, peace, and joy. It will not make sense to some but it will make sense to us as we allow God to work in and through us. Sometimes we as humans tend to try to manipulate circumstances to be how we desire them or how the ending we desire. That is not what God desires of us. He desires us to allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. Matthew Henry wrote: 

God has not given us the spirit of fear, but the spirit of power, of courage and resolution, to meet difficulties and dangers; the spirit of love to him, which will carry us through opposition. And the spirit of a sound mind, quietness of mind. The Holy Spirit is not the author of a timid or cowardly disposition, or of slavish fears. We are likely to bear afflictions well, when we have strength and power from God to enable us to bear them. 

Courage over fear. Quietness in our soul. These are strengths God gives us in 'tough' times. He desires us to conquer over the enemy anything he throws our way. God desires us to use the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to have victory over such things as 'C'! Victory comes in different forms but it will happen when we live in His empowerment. The ultimate victory is eternity with the Lord. We must keep our focus on Him so we can enjoy living with Him forever. 

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to You, Lord

You take what the enemy meant for evil
And You turn it for good
You turn it for good

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for time with Rickey as we did another one of the things on my list for my 60th! Thank You for opportunities to pray with and for people! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. May we all remember to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in the 'good' and in the 'tough' days. I pray for many going through 'tough' times to lean into Your empowerment. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; Kayla; my friend with something found on her breast; a man recently diagnosed with brain tumors; a lady hospitalized yesterday with blood clots in her lungs; many with COVID; Kathy with the loss of her sister-in-law to COVID and her brother battling it; Gay and Doug; Rick McCartney; Tim; Little Ivy's family; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. I pray for safe travels today not just for myself but others I know who are traveling. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: