Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Jude - "Until Grace"




This morning God took me to the book of Jude. I read this short book in different versions and received great encouragement. The first four verses talk about the importance of staying steadfast in our faith. This is crucial in our spiritual life. There are many false teachers trying to pull us away from God. Verses five through nineteen speak of them. Verses twenty and twenty-one tell us how we are to live the real life. It takes praying and living in God's will. I told the children in Sunday School praying must be a two-way communication. We cannot just speak but we must also listen to God when praying. There will be times when we may not like what He says but we must always follow Him. The result will be living the real life on earth and with Him for eternity. That should be the goal of all believers. Unfortunately, the enemy causes havoc in people's lives and causes them to not listen to God. It saddens me to see people 'spinning their wheels' when God is right there for them. It saddens me to hear people gossip, speaking mean words to others, etc. when God would never allow that to happen in Himself. If we are truly seeking to be Christ-like, then we will strive to not allow the enemy an open door into our life. God is greater than the enemy when we allow Him. He is greater than the hurts of life when we allow Him to be our Soothing Balm. He is greater than the 'junk' of this world the enemy tries to put on us when we stand firm in our faith. Plain and simple. He is greater. His love, mercy, and grace are all we need and we need to remember this. A song Tauren Wells and Rascal Flatts sings called "Until Grace" is on my mind this morning.

I might be looking at a future full of question marks
But I don't to have all of the answers if You have my heart
In You I'm finding redemption a little more with every breath
Brand new like the morning and I'll never forget that…

Until grace called my name (Until grace)
Oh, I didn't know I could be free
Until grace found me (Oh, found me)
Until grace broke these chains (Broke these chains)
Oh, I didn't know I could be free (I could be free)
Until grace found, Your grace found me (Your grace found me)

Yes! God's grace is perfect for us. We cannot allow people to tell us otherwise. His grace will provide the real life we all need. Praise His Holy Name! Matthew Henry wrote:

The grace of faith is most holy, as it works by love, purifies the heart, and overcomes the world, by which it is distinguished from a false and dead faith. Our prayers are most likely to prevail, when we pray in the Holy Ghost, under his guidance and influence, according to the rule of his word, with faith, fervency, and earnestness; this is praying in the Holy Ghost. And a believing expectation of eternal life will arm us against the snares of sin: lively faith in this blessed hope will help us to mortify our lusts. We must watch over one another; faithfully, yet prudently reprove each other, and set a good example to all about us. This must be done with compassion, making a difference between the weak and the wilful. Some we must treat with tenderness. Others save with fear; urging the terrors of the Lord. All endeavours must be joined with decided abhorrence of crimes, and care be taken to avoid whatever led to, or was connected with fellowship with them, in works of darkness, keeping far from what is, or appears to be evil.

I love the reminder of having a believing expectation of eternal life... The word God gave me for 2021 was expectation. He told me at the beginning of the year to expect great things to happen and they have. It has been an exciting year thus far and I continue to expect great things as the year continues. The greatest thing for me to expect is found in eternal life with Him. As I live for Him on this earth, I will live with Him for eternity. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the words of Jude and this song to encourage me this morning to continue expecting! Thank You for the way You love on me through disappointments such as yesterday! Even though the day did not happen as I thought You took it and loved me through it. Thank You for Rickey encouraging me greatly through yesterday! Thank You for the mug from Alex and for them having me in their home for dinner! Thank You for the quick results You gave me to a counseling time yesterday morning! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Lord, may more people realize living the real life through Your love in me. May those going through 'tough' days receive Your peace. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Ofie; a young man with addiction and another young man in rehab for anger issues; Chrissy and her son; Sharon Sebolt; many with COVID; Carrie and Chris; my friend with internet issues; and so many others. I pray for those traveling to have safe travels and for Melanie as she starts her new position today. Lord, be greater than the obstacles the enemy throws before us. Thank You Jesus for being My Real Life! Amen.

No comments: