Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Psalm 19:7-14 - "Jesus I Believe"


The words to Big Daddy Weave's song "Jesus I Believe" have great meaning to me. There are times in life when everyone questions God. Times when life seems to not make any sense. Perhaps it is when a loved one dies or doors continue to be shut one after another for something like a new home or job. Perhaps it is when we experience loneliness or great depths of anguish. No matter what the reason, there are times when life hurts. The hurt can become so deep we choose to walk away from God instead of leaning into Him. It hurts my heart to see so many people who know Him to make the choice to walk away. God gives us free choice and is a gentleman. He will not push Himself upon us. I cannot begin to imagine how His heart breaks when we choose to leave Him. When parents have their children ignore them, there is hurt but I don’t believe it could be to the depth our Heavenly Father has with us. Instead of seeking His strength for ‘tough’ days some people seek the counsel of others, choose to make decisions on their own, etc. All we truly need to do is fall into the arms of Jesus and allow Him to work in and through every aspect of our life. He knows what is best for us and will provide. He will love us through ‘tough’ situations and our faith will come out stronger when we allow Him to empower us. We do not have to fear the future because God already knows the outcome. We do not have to fret over decisions when God is in the midst of them. All we have to do is keep our focus on Him. Woo hoo! Sometimes that is easier said than done because of other people’s input into our life. We cannot allow anyone make our decisions. We also need to make sure we seek only Godly counsel. The best counsel is God Himself and sometimes He puts us in the path of others who He will use in our situation.

I wanna walk with You Jesus
Feel your presence
And know You're near
I wanna see You Jesus
Move in power
And cast out fear

I need to hear You now
I need to know it's You
I'm standing on Your promises
I know Your Word is true
You're bigger than what I see
It's You in exchange for me
'Cause even the impossible can be reality
Jesus I believe

 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for giving me peace in a difficult situation yesterday! Thank You for Pastor Sam! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You shine brightly through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude throughout the day ahead. I pray blessings over many going through ‘tough’ days. May they realize You are exactly what is needed in life. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Melanie; Pastor Rodney; Pastor Scott; Gay and Doug; Cathy and her family; Carletta; Iwilda; Little Ivy’s family; Carrie and Chris; a couple with COVID; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for my time taking Momma for her appointment, cooking, our visit with Tom, and my walk with Rickey last night! You bless me in abundance and I am so thankful for all the way You do so. Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.


No comments: