Friday, August 6, 2021

Psalm 148 - "How Could I Ask For More"

Yesterday when we found the sunflower field I was in awe again of God's creation. What a beautiful sight to see! I loved driving in Amish country seeing the hay being taken in, beautiful flowers, vegetable gardens in pristine order, and horses, goats, and cows in the fields. I was really blessed that Momma had such a good afternoon being out. What a blessing! A song called How Could I Ask For More comes to my mind this morning.

There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon
Waking to the sunlight, being cradled by the moon
Catching fireflies at night, building castles in the sand
Kissing mama's face goodnight and holding daddy's hand
Thank you, Lord, how could I ask for more?...

So if there's anything I've learned from this journey I am on
Simple truths will keep you going, simple love will keep you strong
'Cause there are questions without answers and flames that never die
And heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise
So thank you, Lord, oh thank you, Lord
And yeah, how could I ask for more? Oh

God is so good to provide exactly what we need. He is so good to remind us through His creation how simple things in life can bring great pleasure. As I looked closely at the sunflowers I saw all kinds of bugs on them. They were enjoying God's creation just like we were. God provides for all of his creatures. Psalm 148 tells how all of God's creatures need to praise Him. As I stood at the sunflower field yesterday, I thought about how the sunflowers were praising God with their beauty. They cannot speak praise but showing off being His creation is a praise in itself. Psalm 148:14 is key to how His creation can get through life in the best way possible. It is through His strength. Life can and will get 'tough' at times but my God is tougher than anything that comes my way. I am so blessed by His love and strength. He is what brings me joy no matter what is happening in my little world. Verse fourteen in the VOICE reads: He has made His people strong. He is the praise of all who are godly, the praise of the children of Israel, those whom He holds close. Praise the Eternal! Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge! I was reading about how the sunflower has deep roots. This made me think about how when believers have deep roots, we are beautiful in Him. The deeper our root system goes, the deeper our faith grows. The deeper our faith grows, the more He oozes out of us. I want to be a beautiful sunflower! I want to be beautiful in Him, deeply rooted, and praising Him with my entire being. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for getting Momma out for a ride! Thank You for the beauty of the sunflower field that remind me to be deeply rooted so You can ooze out of me! Thank You for the strength You continue to provide for this trip! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You shine brightly through me and be praised through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, give me Your wisdom with decisions that need made. Empower me to be the godly woman You have called me to be. Father, I am so thankful for ones I had the opportunity to encourage yesterday with things happening in their lives. I continue to pray for a family making decisions about selling their home and another family going through a stage three cancer diagnosis in their husband/father. Lord be greater than the hurts of life. I pray they will go deeper in their faith so they can find reason to praise You. I also continue to pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Dan; Ben and Colleen; Chrissy; Melanie; Carletta with her second eye surgery; Mandy, Cathy, and Rodney with the loss of their mothers; a friend dealing with her Momma's health issues; Gay and Doug; Carrie and Chris; Jack Rose; Iwilda; and many more. Thank You for being with Kathy's family with COVID and with my friends who are dealing with it! Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life and all the ways You bless me through him! I pray You will bless those traveling for our family picnic with safety and give them reason to praise You along the way. Thank You Jesus for being My Praise! Amen.

No comments: