Saturday, August 28, 2021

II Chronicles 20; Ephesians 6 - "See A Victory"

Depression is real. Spiritual warfare is real. There are times in life when we can feel like we just can't take one more thing. There are times when it seems like there are more 'tough' days than 'good' days. When we experience these times, we must remember God is greater than the enemy. He is greater than anything that happens to us. My heart is breaking and many tears have fallen over my list of people who are in battles and feel like they are failing. I am so sad for parents who are watching their grown children spiraling downward with the enemy's tactics. Sometimes my prayers are so overwhelming with sadness and grief. I grieve the life people used to have. I grieve the hurts people are experiencing that have taken them away from their family. My heart hurts. One day this week after writing about spiritual warfare and spending much time praying over situations I experienced the 'hippy hippy shakes' that go along with MS to the point of having to take extra medication. I know some would argue medication is not the answer and I agree to a certain point. But I also know God provides us with medication to be used when needed. As I prayed throughout the night and again this morning for some 'tough' situations some are going through I also prayed for God to protect me. When I go into battle for others souls, the enemy retaliates and attacks me. He does not like what I do or say. But I always remember my God is greater than the enemy and desires me to See A Victory!

The weapon may be formed, but it won't prosper
When the darkness falls, it won't prevail
Cause the God I serve knows only how to triumph
My God will never fail
Oh my God will never fail

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

Woo hoo! Yes! King Jehoshaphat saw victory in the battle before him in II Chronicles 20. The way he saw the victory was through prayer and praise. He knew the battle before him was greater than him but he also knew it was not bigger than God. We must have that same knowledge in our heart. We must trust God (vs 18) through the battles before us. We must remember we are not alone and do not have to face battles on our own strength but in His. We do not have to fight but instead need to allow Him to take care of things. Verse seventeen reads in the New Living Testament: "But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!” Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge! We read in verses twenty-one through thirty of the victory King Jehoshaphat and his people received by allowing God to handle the battle before them. Woo hoo! I love verse thirty! It is the icing on the cake for me! So Jehoshaphat’s kingdom was at peace, for his God had given him rest on every side. Peace is something a lot of people are not living in. Even in the midst of the trials of life we can still have His peace when we allow Him to be in charge of the battle. I am so thankful for this knowledge. When in battle, we need to do as the King and his people did and praise God. Verse twenty-one shows us their praises. “Give thanks to the Lordhis faithful love endures forever!” Amen!

Dear Jesus, My heart is breaking for so many going through 'tough' days but I know there will be a sweet victory as they allow You to have control over the battles they are in. I pray for the parents of grown children who are watching their children spiral downward. Lord, give them the strength to realize the battle is Yours. I pray for all to realize You are greater than the hurts of life. I pray all believers would put on Your armor from Ephesians six as they begin another day. I pray Your peace over all. This world is falling apart but I know You are still in control. I pray for many struggling with depression to receive encouragement from You today. My heart breaks for how many young people are dealing with it. It breaks to hear hopelessness from many. Lord, help us all to remember You are greater than anything that comes our way. I pray protection over myself as I pray for others. I pray for Your rest and peace for many who are going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ofie and his family with the loss of Woody; Scott; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Rick McCartney; a young man in rehab for anger issues and another one in the hospital with addiction issues; Carrie and Chris; Melanie; Sharon Sebolt; a young man who contacted me last night; a lady needing protection; the young girl who found her mother dead this week; many dealing with depression; many with COVID; my friend whose uncle is dealing with cancer; Little Ivy's family; Ms Savon and Mr John and their family; Chrissy; and so, so many others. Lord, I pray You will bless Rickey in abundance today. He always seems to know what I need to hear. I am so thankful for him in my life. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so there is nothing between me and You. I pray for an abundance of You to fill me up so people will see/hear You instead of me. Bless my day with lots of opportunities to love on others with Your love. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: