Friday, May 14, 2021

Psalm 37 - "I Will Fear No More"


Wow, God sure knows how to fill up my emotional tank! Visiting and laughing with good friends, great food, beautiful weather, the beauty of His creation, physically being able to complete more than my goal of steps...what a great day! I am one blessed lady. Marlene reminded me yesterday about how there were so many times where I could not have had such a day. They remember the days of me using a cane, walker or even a wheelchair. I thank God every day for another day of being able to walk without assistance. I thank Him for times like yesterday where I can laugh. God reminded me this morning of Psalm 37. I love reading this Psalm in The Passion Translation. It reminds me of what the sermons have been focusing on. David wrote this Psalm to praise God but he also wrote it to share God's wisdom with all who read it. Trust is the theme on how we are to live. If we do not trust Him, life will be chaos. I remember when I was first diagnosed with MS someone asked me how I dealt with never knowing if I was going to wake up being able to walk, feed myself, have clear vision, etc. I truly believe the enemy planted that person in my life to try to take me down. I am grateful my God is bigger than MS. No one knows if they will even wake up but those who walk with the Lord know if they do not wake up on this earth they will wake up in Glory! Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name for this knowledge! The last verse of Psalm 37 speaks greatly to me. It reads: Because of their faith in him, their daily portion will be a Father’s help and deliverance from evil. This is true for all who turn to hide themselves in him! Woo hoo! I love the word picture this verse gives. I do not have to fear anything ahead in this day. I can stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit and live in the knowledge He is greater than everything. I do not have to fret over the 'what ifs' of life but instead can stand in the knowledge that God already knows what is ahead in this day. He already knows who will come tomorrow for work day, what work will be accomplished, etc. He already knows how He will supply all of the workers strength for the day. He already knows what words will be needed to be shared to encourage people. Plain and simple, He already knows. He knows our past, present, and future. Woo hoo! The words to I Will Fear No More come to my mind this morning. I am so blessed to know God will be before me in the day ahead and take care of all that come before me.

Every anxious thought that steals my breath
It's a heavy weight upon my chest
As I lie awake and wonder what the future will hold
Help me to remember that You're in control

You're my courage when I worry in the dead of night
You're my strength 'cause I'm not strong enough to win this fight
You are greater than the battle raging in my mind
I will trust You, Lord, I will fear no more

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from Psalm 37 and this song I Will Fear No More! Thank You for Marlene and Sharon being here for a visit! Thank You for a day filled with wonderful conversation and lots of laughter! I so needed this time. Thank You for ending my day with a phone conversation with Rickey who encourages me greatly! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a great way. Father, my heart is breaking for so many. May Your presence be felt by: my Momma as she continues therapy; my sister Linda; June's family with her great nephew in Hospice; Little Ivy and her family; Trish; Gay's daughter Kristen; Pottenger Family; Little Bradley with the death of his mother; John and Carol; Alison; Elizabeth; Teri; a man recently diagnosed with prostate cancer; Clay; and so many others.  I also am praying for one who needs to knock the devil down as he tries to tear them down. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Give Your wisdom on decisions that need made. Thank You Jesus for being My Daily Portion! Amen.

No comments: