Friday, May 28, 2021

Psalm 127 - "Keep On Hoping"


Wow, God! What a full day of blessings You showered upon me yesterday! I enjoyed the conversation so much with Momma's hematologist. I loved hearing him tell her 'the good Lord isn't done with you yet so you need to find your purpose and do it!' Woo hoo! The icing on the cake was him telling her he would be praying for her. Getting a report the MDS was staying the same was also great news. The afternoon with Rickey was another blessing as we went for ice cream, went to the Smucker store, and walked around at the antique store. The evening made my heart burst as I heard 'Grandma Sheila' a gazillion times. Oh how I love being with family. I sure packed a lot into my forty-eight hour trip and am tired but feeling so blessed. God is so good to give us exactly what we need. He is so good to fill up our tanks when they are running low. I have said it many times but will say it again, I am one blessed lady. Woo hoo! Making plans for another trip with the grand babies blessed me in abundance. They were so excited as we talked about what we will do when I come up next time. Oh how I love doing life with them. They have so much energy and are so insightful. Mr. Weston talked about Papa Doc being with Jesus and I thought about how when Doc was in his last weeks he talked about being ready to leave this earth but feeling sad he wouldn't see the grand babies grow up. It is sad to think about. It is sad to think about the grand babies not getting to make more memories with him. Every time I am with them I want to soak up all I can to 'hold me over' until we are back together. I think the cultures that keep adding onto their homes for generations to live together are blessed. I know it may get crazy at times with such living arrangements but oh my I think it would also be rewarding. David gives a lot of wisdom in the few verses of Psalm 127. I was reading that this Scripture goes along with John 15 where Jesus teaches we are to abide in Him to be fruitful. You can see the fruit of Ben and Emily's efforts in raising their children in the Lord by the way the children behave, speak, etc. What a blessing! I know there were times I felt like I failed as a parent but when I see my grand babies I realize God was and is in control.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Momma's good appointment with the hematologist and for the way he spoke about You! Thank You for time with Rickey yesterday afternoon and with Ben and the kids last night! Thank You for all of the blessing You gave me on this trip! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thought sin a mighty way today. I pray people will see/hear You instead of me. Lord, I pray for Mary Wise today to feel Your peace. I pray the same for: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; the Risner Family; Pastor Ted and his family; Melanie; Alison; and so many others. Lord, be with decisions that need made. Thank You for being The One to Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: